Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ref Dog Pounds - Video worth a watch.

• 05-10-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

The video link is worth a look...It was shot a while back in Offaly Dog Pound but it really explains what being a dog @ the pound is like. Its not easy to watch BUT its the truth.. Have come across ALOT of people the past while who have this pre-conception on what life as a pound dog is like.

Remember if you surrender a dog to the pound it may only have 24 hours before being PTS - if a Stray 5 days grace... Thanks to the tireless work of all the rescues in the country some of these dogs are saved but we cant help them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6xI7xt99zA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think a lot of us have seen this before, but it is still very emotional. Especially the Bin scene, even I couldnt watch it a 2nd time as its heartbreaking but I would incurage others to see it at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hadnt seen it in ages until today - it gets no easier to watch - BUT it gets the message out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Very hard to watch. I couldn't stop thinking of my pair that were rescued from the pound.

It's disgraceful that we have this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I rescued my pup who was surrendered in, the person that left her in said she didn't give a damn what happened to her.
    She's a healthy, loving, chewing my shoes doggie now...
    It hurts my heart to think what could of happened to her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

tatabubbly wrote: »
    the person that left her in said she didn't give a damn what happened to her.

She sounds like a lovely person....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Iv seen it a few times before, heartbreaking every time. Good news is the little rottie pup gets a home but he was just one of the lucky ones, so many other happy healthy dogs put down for no reason. This should be an ad on tv shown on rte in the evening during prime viewing time. I do believe it was being played automatically at the side of every donedeal ad a while ago so at least that was something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    She sounds like a lovely person....:(

I know. It's terrible.

I'd never pay for a dog again!

Advertisement