Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playstation 3

Options
  • 05-10-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Hi guys can anyone tell me is there any deals on playstation 3 160gb at moment preferably with fifa included thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Hi guys can anyone tell me is there any deals on playstation 3 160gb at moment preferably with fifa included thanks

Was actually going to create on a 160gb PS3 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Like minds:-) hopefully someone can point us in right direction

Like minds:-) hopefully someone can point us in right direction

Found this:

http://www.xtravision.ie/PanelGroup_Page.aspx?Page=52

160gb PS3 plus Fifa 12 for €250

No idea if that's good value though!

Anyone know if there is any xtravisions in midlands with this offer my local one has it for 250 but no game free!

try argos 250 for ps3 and a game and blu ray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Crazy World

Amazing how much these have come down in price , is this a new version 160 gb ?

tnynll wrote: »
    try argos 250 for ps3 and a game and blu ray

Thats a great deal but its out of stock in all stores on checker :-( has it been on long? Anyone know if it will come back into stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Thats a great deal but its out of stock in all stores on checker :-( has it been on long? Anyone know if it will come back into stock
    You didn't use the Boardies Checker....as of now there's one in Cork Retail Park.

Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

250e in game for a 160gb with fifa and Ferrari challenge (downloadable)

also 300e for a 320gb with fifa and resistance3 (think its resistance anyway)
    ^^^ thats a pretty good one, extra 50 quid for twice the memory and a game that normally costs 50e anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Want to get either a PS3 or an Xbox so which one is the best for movies, gaming and internet sorry its for my 10 year old and I want to be able to use it for other stuff.

Which one will I get more mileage out of.?

• Advertisement

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Want to get either a PS3 or an Xbox so which one is the best for movies, gaming and internet sorry its for my 10 year old and I want to be able to use it for other stuff.

Playstation has built in Blu Ray player.

Get Playstation I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

JJJJNR wrote: »

Playstation has built in Blu Ray player.

Get Playstation I say.
    Ps3 has free online also xbox charges for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

mossy2390 wrote: »
    250e in game for a 160gb with fifa and Ferrari challenge (downloadable)

I saw this offer in Game (liffey valley) last week but when I looked again on Saturday the offer was gone. The 160gb was going cheap in HMV stores too ~ €220 but that seems to be gone also (liffey valley & Blanchardstown).

Argos doing 160gb (no game) for around €240 and amazon (no game) works out around €236 delivered.

I'm gonna hold out for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

just bought the 320gb model on amazon with resistance, fifa, battle los angeles bluray and hdmi cable for 280

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

HMV had/have 160gb with FIFA for €219.99 if you can find one in stock!!

HMV had/have 160gb with FIFA for €219.99 if you can find one in stock!!

As of last Friday the HMVs on Grafton Street and Henry Street didn't have this in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

just bought the 320gb model on amazon with resistance, fifa, battle los angeles bluray and hdmi cable for 280

Link?

As of last Friday the HMVs on Grafton Street and Henry Street didn't have this in stock.

Cheers, saved me a trip into the big smoke...
    Will probably end up picking up a deal in Game in Dundrum, although I'd rather GT5 than Ferrari Challenge download! Couldn't get them to price match HMV..

Cheers, saved me a trip into the big smoke...
    Will probably end up picking up a deal in Game...

The cashier indicated they wouldn't have them in for at least a week, so I picked one up in Xtra Vision.

The cashier indicated they wouldn't have them in for at least a week, so I picked one up in Xtra Vision.

Nice one, didn't think xtra vision did the hardware, what was the damage?

Sorry, didn't spot link on previous page!! €250 including 2nd controller seems a good deal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Not sure that offer is still on.

Last week it was £215 for the resistance bundle and £10 for the extra game which made it a great deal. Then it went up to £225 and now £235 for the bundle. The price of the extra game went from £10 to £15 so if you picked it up early last week you might have got a good deal on it. Kinda pissed I didnt get it when I had the chance but I'm betting it will either go down or there'll be a new bundle for unchartered 3 release so gonna hold out til then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

I saw this offer in Game (liffey valley) last week but when I looked again on Saturday the offer was gone. The 160gb was going cheap in HMV stores too ~ €220 but that seems to be gone also (liffey valley & Blanchardstown).

Argos doing 160gb (no game) for around €240 and amazon (no game) works out around €236 delivered.

I'm gonna hold out for now.

did you ask? was still on in the game i was in at the weekend, that offer will be around for a good while too i should think

also they wont match hmv, hmv sometimes have cheaper prices but have bugger all stock so you will be lucky to actually get one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Anyone spot any good bundles or preorder bundles over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ILoveSpuds

Kenny_D wrote: »
    Anyone spot any good bundles or preorder bundles over the weekend?

Best I can see currently is the Amazon offer http://tinyurl.com/3uswzv9 which is Resistance 3 with Blu Ray and 320GB; works out at around €255 not including delivery.

The exact same offer is in Argos for €259.99 but it's out of stock everywhere http://tinyurl.com/3dlgrfo and can't see it coming back in anytime soon.

Was gonna get the 160GB but when this price is much better. The best 160GB I seen was the Fifa 12 deal in HMV for €229.99 last week but 320GB deals above are much better value.

I'm on the look out myself as my old 60GB has couped on me through YLOD :( so better off getting a new one methinks. Was thinking of slimming down anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I got myself a 160GB with Fifa 12 for €220 in HMV liffey valley last night. Game Liffey valley were doing the same for €250 with an additional download of some game that I've no interest in.

I ended up getting a beaut of a deal from Amazon... 320GB with Resistance 3, a crappy Blu Ray DVD plus Fifa 12 plus delivery all for €256,44!

I got very lucky and availed of an offer of an employee's discount...but even without the employee discount it was still only €278 which is pretty good. Link to offer is: http://tinyurl.com/6yechja

I got myself a 160GB with Fifa 12 for €220 in HMV liffey valley last night. Game Liffey valley were doing the same for €250 with an additional download of some game that I've no interest in.

Same here, picked one up in Dundrum for €220 and traded FIFA in for GT5..happy days!

ILoveSpuds wrote: »
    I ended up getting a beaut of a deal from Amazon... 320GB with Resistance 3, a crappy Blu Ray DVD plus Fifa 12 plus delivery all for €256,44!

I got very lucky and availed of an offer of an employee's discount...but even without the employee discount it was still only €278 which is pretty good. Link to offer is: http://tinyurl.com/6yechja
    What's the story with this link?????

Why is it tiny?????

How do I know where it goes???

Not having a dig at you Spuds.

• Advertisement

What's the story with this link?????

Why is it tiny?????

How do I know where it goes???

Not having a dig at you Spuds.

Dunno Hal! I just tend to use TinyUrl to shorten links as usually they look really long but can see how it might look dodgy. Sure if I wrote this is the link you wouldn't know where it goes either icon7.gif

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000510453 is the original link for anyone interested...

Advertisement