Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower/bath buildup under tiling

• 05-10-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Researching this subject is giving me an awful headache

I have two rooms but if i can get definite answers on the build up i can figure out the other room.

Ive attached a layout of the first floor bathroom (timber floor/stud int walls). I have taken the existing skimmed plasterboard off the stud walls at left and top. I will be replacing this with permabase cement board as indicated with the red lines. Cement board to entire floor also over ply base. The other two walls are plastered blockwork. I will be installing Classi Seal along the edges of the bath and shower tray. Am i right in saying paint on waterproof tanking needs to be applied to the walls where the green lines are? and down over the Classi Seal top edge?

I went back to builders suppliers yesterday to get the screws and taping for the cement board and was told to use drywall screws and standard jointing tape. Specifically says not to use this in the product info, so i guess i will have to try somewhere else for these.

Help is greatly appreciated as Im getting varying info from the internet

Advertisement