Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Wordpress Theme

Options
  • 05-10-2011 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a wordpress site that i'd like to redevelop with a custom theme.

I'd like to have a static homepage and a few static pages with wordpress in the background for articles & posts etc.

What's the first step in getting a custom wordpress theme developed. Im looking to get it done as cheaply as possibly so this is something I'm probablly going to outsource to the likes of elance but don't know what the best way of explaining exactly what I want as its all in my head. I know how important a clear scope of works is.

Would i be better off getting sombody to do a PSD of how i want the homepage and static pages to be and take it from there?

All input appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VMotion

Nailer, have you researched premium themes? You can take it from there then.
    Check out http://themeforest.net/ and find the theme that is closest to what you want.
    This will be the shortest way.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What's the first step in getting a custom wordpress theme developed. Im looking to get it done as cheaply as possibly so this is something I'm probablly going to outsource to the likes of elance but don't know what the best way of explaining exactly what I want as its all in my head. I know how important a clear scope of works is.

Would i be better off getting sombody to do a PSD of how i want the homepage and static pages to be and take it from there?

Here's the basics:

1) Get basic layout on paper
    2) Get design concepts onto screen: 3) Get a PSD made up of each page template
    4) Get a HTML conversion made of each page template
    5) Get HTML conversions turned into a WordPress theme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Great stuff that's what I need to get me started at least

Thanks

Advertisement