Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for college?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

What version of CAD do you intend to run ? I have an i3 processor and it's fine but I'm running an older version of AutoCad Lt on it and only operating in 2D. The newer versions may be different.You should also check that the version of CAD you intend to use is compatible with the operating system. I had that problem when I got mine, and it was a choice of either an upgrade for the CAD program or a downgrade for the OS. Option 1 was too expensive, so I went with Option 2 (it was XP versus Vista)

The software manufacturer normally list the requirements for that particular application on their websites, and I'd also pay specific attention to the graphics card specification.

I'd suggest that a 15" screen is a little small if you're going to be doing a lot of work on it - 17" might be better depending on the size of drawing you're going to be working on as thee are toolbars and properties boxes to consider the on screen location of as well as the drawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I have that Hp, I bought it in pc world and I'm running AutoCad 12 with no problems, however if you can get a 17" screen it would be better for drawing but if you can't stretch it the 15" will get you out for a few years

Advertisement