Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

projectgtr wrote: »
    My usb port has the same flaw again!!! :mad: this is my second Galaxy Nexus and roughly in the same time frame as last time my phone can only be charged when turned off :mad: same as last time. Pretty pissed as i dont even use the USB connection any more since i got the official cradle (uses pogo plugs instead)

Not looking forward to all this messing around with Meteor again :mad:

Hey, I repaired my phone very easily a few weeks ago. My USB port was messed up and it was giving me charging notifications galore and was very tricky to get a solid connection. I got a new part for 10 euro and it was easy to install. It's in great condition now.

If you're interested I can give you the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

ULMarc wrote: »
    Hey, I repaired my phone very easily a few weeks ago. My USB port was messed up and it was giving me charging notifications galore and was very tricky to get a solid connection. I got a new part for 10 euro and it was easy to install. It's in great condition now.

If you're interested I can give you the details.

If it was out of warranty id have it open in a couple of seconds :D its only a couple of months old, so id rather leave it back to Samsung if they cant/wont fix it ill do it myself and give you a pm, thanks for the offer Marc

All fixed thanks to XDA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sledgejammer

I'd a similiar problem and fixed it by poking around in the USB port with a tiny pin just to clean out all the rubbish in there, worked like a charm at the time. I was getting the problem of it constantly thinking it's charging for a few seconds throughout the day. Only use very light pressure in there obviously but it worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

All fixed thanks to XDA :D

And the fix was...? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

anyone find a good source for a new battery?
    a year and a month old and mine is beginning to struggle.
    t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

eddiem74 wrote: »
    And the fix was...? :confused:

Id imagine it was to bend the middle pins holder point upwards with a small blade.

I had the same issue with mine, even went as far as opening the phone up as i assumed i had blown a resistor. But the centre pin in the micro usb was very very lightly off. Bending it upwards (with the battery out) fixed the issue instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

trev44 wrote: »
    anyone find a good source for a new battery?
    a year and a month old and mine is beginning to struggle.
    t

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Google-Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-SCH-I515-I9250-Extended-2000-mAh-Battery-/260929151654?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cc096e2a6

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭krahsrekop

Hi,
    I have a cracked screen and i was wondering is there any cheap fix to this as i have been quoted around €250 to get it replaced in some places

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

krahsrekop wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a cracked screen and i was wondering is there any cheap fix to this as i have been quoted around €250 to get it replaced in some places

Thanks

buy screen on ebay and do it yourself. far cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

ULMarc wrote: »
    The extended back cover is required for this battery.

Your dead right, they have the standard 1750 in the picture but are selling the 2000.

Thanks/Sorry ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

Hi,

Thanks

i got my screen replaced in sandyford industrial est for around 100..

Hi,

Thanks

I replaced my own screen, but it did cost be 120 Euro for the screen. I havent seen anywhere that you can get a Nexus screen cheaper than that. The nexus seem to be bloody special and expensive.

Other models you can pick one up for 60-80 Euro.

Going to do this mod -

Looks class.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1663305

Id like to have it easy charging in the car.

Anyone tried it ?

listermint wrote: »
    Going to do this mod -

Looks class.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1663305

Id like to have it easy charging in the car.

Anyone tried it ?

Seems like a very low rate of charge tbh Since i got my official dock i havent ran out of juice at all nice mod all the same

Seems like a very low rate of charge tbh Since i got my official dock i havent ran out of juice at all nice mod all the same

No concern for rate of charge, handy for office desk or charging over night. And comes into its own as a magnetic car dock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Since i got my official dock

How do you find the fitment of the official car dock? Some people reported it extremely tight.

Some saying the phone could go flying with the amount of force required to release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wilsixon

4.2.2 has started rolling out. My wife's galaxy nexus got it tonight, but no update shows for me. Any tips on how to get mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

got it myself last night. noticed no real difference (as expected). hoping when im at car later i'll find bluetooth is fixed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

brookedave wrote: »
    4.2.2 has started rolling out. My wife's galaxy nexus got it tonight, but no update shows for me. Any tips on how to get mine?

Go to Settings>Apps>All>Google Services Framework

Force stop it and clear the cache.

Then go back to the home screen, go back into settings and check for the update again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Go to Settings>Apps>All>Google Services Framework

Force stop it and clear the cache.

Then go back to the home screen, go back into settings and check for the update again.
    This is the first update I'm not gonna bother doing that for, nothing important in it, I'm sure they're laying some ground work for 5.0 but that's not gonna entice me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

can anyone take a screen shot on the nexus? I keep pressing the power button and the volume down button but it just isn't working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Works fine for me:
    screen.png

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

neacy69 wrote: »
    can anyone take a screen shot on the nexus? I keep pressing the power button and the volume down button but it just isn't working for me

I had the same problem. It takes a but of practice and sometimes a reboot for it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

My g/f was given a Nexus today. She has a few questions:

How does she delete home screens she doesn't want? Can anyone recommend a good weather/news widget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

shuffles03 wrote: »
    My g/f was given a Nexus today. She has a few questions:

How does she delete home screens she doesn't want? Can anyone recommend a good weather/news widget?

Beautiful widgets for weather not sure about news though. For deleting home screens try pressing and holding and the option to delete should appear at the top of the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Cheers! We'll take a look now. She has a Facebook widget on one of the homescreens but can't make it fit the whole page. The Flipboard widget expands to whatever size she wants but no joy with FB. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

How does everyone elses loudspeaker compare to other phones?

The volume on mine is low compared to the majority of other phones.

And another update on the way!! This is the phone that just keeps giving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

And another update on the way!! This is the phone that just keeps giving :D

Did you get it? Or do you just mean the android announcement?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Did you get it? Or do you just mean the android announcement?

just the announcement :D , i would flash mine but its going in for a warranty repair shortly. Great to know we are still getting support, i think its up till 5.0 please god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

zcmNZte.png

OTA

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I just chwcked and it's available for me too

downloading now
    Nolimits wrote: »
    zcmNZte.png

OTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I was litterally opening this thread to see if there was any word on OTA and up popped the notification "System update downloaded"! See you on the other side :)

Its not available for mine as yet.

My Nexus is rooted, would that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

My nexus is rooted and I still got the update yesterday so it shouldn't make a difference.
    The lips wrote: »
    Its not available for mine as yet.

My Nexus is rooted, would that make a difference?

Got my update Friday, manually checked for an update.... None available. Then cleared Google framework and rechecked boom 4.3 feels nice and snappy! Still puts my S4 to shame on everyday use, love this phone.

Then cleared Google framework and rechecked boom 4.3 feels nice and snappy!.

I just done this and there is no update for me yet!

• Advertisement

The lips wrote: »
    I just done this and there is no update for me yet!

Me neither

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Uriel. wrote: »
    Me neither

me neither

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Got the update last night. Seems faster/smoother for most activities.

Only drawback is that the Google-Talk app is removed and replaced with the dreadful Hangouts app. I knew it was coming, but it's still disappointing that the older version is gone for good.

I still haven't got it for some reason, on either my Galaxy Nexus or Nex 10 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Got it on my Galaxy Nexus yesterday afternoon and on the Nexus 7 last night but I haven't noticed any difference on either of them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My GN is getting quite laggy lately, especially when using Chrome. I have seen that it significantly improves performance if you turn off sync on chrome, but I like the features this gives so I guess it's part and parcel. Looking forward to upgrading to the next Nexus phone when it comes out though, hopefully it'll be priced similarly to the N4. Still happy with my GN though, although will be happy to get a better screen resolution when I do upgrade. Nice backup to have though just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

5starpool wrote: »
    My GN is getting quite laggy lately, especially when using Chrome. I have seen that it significantly improves performance if you turn off sync on chrome, but I like the features this gives so I guess it's part and parcel. Looking forward to upgrading to the next Nexus phone when it comes out though, hopefully it'll be priced similarly to the N4. Still happy with my GN though, although will be happy to get a better screen resolution when I do upgrade. Nice backup to have though just in case.

Do you find a massive delay when opening links from the Facebook app in Chrome browser?

I'd say from the time I click the link to a page (text and static images) loading takes about 15 seconds on 100 meg broadband!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Do you find a massive delay when opening links from the Facebook app in Chrome browser?

I'd say from the time I click the link to a page (text and static images) loading takes about 15 seconds on 100 meg broadband!

Not a facebook user, sorry!

Got my update a couple of hours ago. Definitely seems to be a bit smoother and quicker. Other than that not much other difference noticeable in terms of everyday use

Can anyone confirm if they can use Auto Awesome in the google photos app? i cant seem to use the movie feature to make an Auto-Awesome of my clips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement