Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power to old garage

Options
  • 05-10-2011 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all was thinking of putting in 4 double sockets 2 lights and an under sink water heater into my garage which currently has no power at all,I know iv to run a swa cable from my fuse box but dont know what size is required any help would be great,and just what size fuse box id need to put in the garage aswell!thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I had a 3 core 10 square SWA run from the house board down to a small "IP Rated" fuse board in the garage.

I currently have 4 double sockets,2 lights,and a leccy roller shutter door wired off the garage fuseboard

The 3 core 10 square allows for future proofing too (industrial power washer,welding machine and DIY machines/tools)

Advertisement