Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netgear wna3100 wireless adapter problem

Options
  • 05-10-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

i have a dell optiplex which doesnt have wireless option on the computer. so i bought a netgear wireless adapter to hook upto to the wireless in the house.
    its connected and all but it is telling me "limited or no connectivity" in the status thing.

what do i need to do, any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Probably the wrong password or security type selected when you initially connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

i dont think i had to put in a password, just the wep key.. or did i do something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

What is controlling the adapter Netgear software or Windows zero wireless configuration, assuming you are running Windows.

In all cases I've found that if you can use Windows to control the wireless then it does it better than the manufacturer's software.

Advertisement