Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Chair

• 05-10-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I am thinking about getting a racing wheel but I am not sure on a good one. I am on a budget of about €250 and would need stand to be included in that orice so this rules out g25/7

I was think of getting http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=99&session=true

Does anyone know what these are like e.g feel solid pedals hold together etc. Or can anyone recommend a different wheel but not the DFGT as I want a clutch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

second hand G25 or 27 with a wheelstand pro is the way to go. fanatec are supposed to be just as good but more unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

I did think of that but they still go for a good bit of money. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone have any actual experience with this wheel and maybe plans to a build because I saw some great diy but cannot find it again.

Also reading a lot that the G27 doesn't work properly with GT5 and this will be one of the main racing games I will be using this for.

And is there a chance that some games will simply not be compatible with either of these wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Buy the G25, and the wheelstand pro.
    Save up then if you want a chair. The chair isn't the most important bit in this setup :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

glennb wrote: »

Also reading a lot that the G27 doesn't work properly with GT5 and this will be one of the main racing games I will be using this for.

the update coming next week is adding full support for the g25 and 27. its not true anyway. i have a g25 and it works perfect, i could even map the buttons so i presume the 27 is the same.

Advertisement