Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom enforcing dload allowance?

• 05-10-2011 6:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the past few weeks ive been catching up on downloading all my owned games on steam,origin,battlenet etc.
    Amazing how many games ive built up over the years but all this catching up has got me worried about going over my download allowance.
    Im on the bog standard 3mb eircom bb,think its a 30 GB allowance?
    My question is are eircom enforcing this cap and penalising those that go over?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got charged about €20 for going over the 30gb allowance,so they are enforcing it.Was the final straw for me so switched to UPC instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got charged about €20 for going over the 30gb allowance,so they are enforcing it.Was the final straw for me so switched to UPC instead.

Lucky you having a choice, im stuck with eircom ffs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Dcully wrote: »
    Lucky you having a choice, im stuck with eircom ffs :(

I use UTV reselling Eircoms DSL for the last three years and have the unlimited option for €5 extra per month, average around 150-200Gbs per month downloads and have never heard a one pip from them

although I always queue my downloads until after peak hours, which keeps them happy I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Which product was this with NGB or old packages? As far as I can tell they still do not charge for going over on the old packages. I have 3MB with 30GB and have gone over a few times without any charge.

I know for the NGB product they do definitely charge for going over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

It was the first month after we were informed that we were ''upgraded'' to NGB,some bloody upgrade!

• Advertisement
Advertisement