Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a Criminal Record the end of the world....?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Contra Proferentem

If you're an ambitious person I imagine it would be the end of the world. Isn't it true you can't go on to be a solicitor, barrister or garda if you've a conviction?

I'd imagine it would make life awkward for you in any job where you're dealing with money as well, such as book-keeping, legal executive, bar person, etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it is my guess, that because it is a big business with lots of staff, they are showing that this behaviour will not be forgiven, so those working there know that they will not just get slap on rist for this, also we hear that businesses are losing thousands every day due to this kind of behaviour, i would still try to see management and ask to be forgiven, as this on your record is not good, when you say that it will not effect the kind of position you hope to attain from college, i thought that most positions want a garda reference along with references of places you worked in, i would go to management and grovle if i were you, there is no harm trying, write a letter of apology, let it be seen that you are sorry, write that letter through your solicitor, so it can be recorded in corurt at the very least,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sarah316

well....after getting a knew solicitor from the same firm to plead for me....

the judge decided to strike the case out completely!

so not even probation!

even the solicitor was in shock! never had more of a weight lifted off my shoulders!

thank you again for everyone who gave me advice and kind words over the last couple of months!

i won't forget it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭0O7

Sarah316 wrote: »

so not even probation!

even the solicitor was in shock! never had more of a weight lifted off my shoulders!

thank you again for everyone who gave me advice and kind words over the last couple of months!

i won't forget it!

lesson learned... next time you may not be so lucky and destroy your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sarah316

there will be no next time...never again would i put my family or myself through that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭0O7

there will be no next time...never again would i put my family or myself through that...

that is better that you actually being convicted in my opinion, learning a lesson in life...

good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

so not even probation!

i won't forget it!

Can I ask on what grounds was the case struck out?

I'd be interested to know. If that would give away too much info, don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

so not even probation!

i won't forget it!
    i am glad for you, could get it from your writings here that you were scared, one of lifes lessons, and fear sometimes is a good thing, as people can read into that and try to find a way around it, as is in your case, no harm in showing fear. get on with your life and i wish you luck, always do good,

Advertisement