Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 joule law in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Decoy wrote: »
    Is there any reason you wouldn't just swap out the springs to bring them down to 1 joule??

Hmmm suppose I could... I dunno, I think I might be better off leaving the better ones at home for when I go on visits- I've got a pretty solid group there and paid too much money on them to go screwing with them now. Might being the lighter ones over, or just rent them altogether.

Are there any places in Ireland were one can just join up with a group to play (just as a once off to see what it's like)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Siuin wrote:
    Are there any places in Ireland were one can just join up with a group to play (just as a once off to see what it's like)?

Most decent sites operate in that exact way, just show up & play with whoever is there on the day. However, not all sites do rentals so you wouldbe advised to make arrangements in advance.

Your profile says you are Dublin-based so there are a few sites you could have a look at: Oakridge, Red Barn, HRTA, Arena, Tallaght CQB all in the Dublin area and Vacant, Hilltop, The Orchard & Bellurgan not too far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Siuin wrote: »

Most - if not all - sites will let you at a rental gun. Make sure you ring ahead a day or so before hand though, it'd be a disaster if you showed up only to find all the rentals were reserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

450 fps at 10 meters is bad? How would you know? Ever got shot with that?
    I can tell you from experience, it's fine. And it doesn't even happen since the game is handled at 40+ meters most of the time (since, well.. you can with this velocity).

330 fps makes sense in CQB. In open fields its just.. lame. No range, no accuracy, no fun.
    What I don't understand is why no one is trying to fix this silly law.
    If it's OK to shoot a 17j paintball gun at people, license or not, it's OK to shoot someone with a 1.7j airsoft gun. The bureaucracy of a license doesn't make it hurt less.

What about bolt action? Can snipers have high FPS? If so, why is that OK? Same BB flying at you.
    no range, no accuracy? Have you ever tried it? range and accuracy is FINE. I engage regularly at 60-70m with an airsoft rifle shooting 320. so that is rubbish.

As for 5m 450 hits not hurting, load of crap. I've been hit by a sniper that had a 450ish bolty, at that range, granted it was an accident, in the uk we have a 25m engagement range for that, and I can tell you from only a single shot, it broke the skin, and hurt like hell. Full auto? on your bike.
    My other half was shot by me with a 500, at 30m roughly once, that left an apple sized bruise. High fps is dangerous when not handled correctly. I frankly dont TRUST the average airsofter, with a 450 auto rifle. They cause enough pain, and misery with 328.

Decoy wrote: »
    Most decent sites operate in that exact way, just show up & play with whoever is there on the day. However, not all sites do rentals so you would need to make arrangements in advance.

What part of Ireland will you be based in, that way we can suggest what sites you should visit?

I'm visiting from Dec 23 - mid January -- would ye still be active around then? I'm not sure what the weather situation is like there.

I'll be in Cork for the first week, then Dublin for most of the time (using gf's account, so apologies for any confusion! :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

I'm based in Dublin so know very little about the Cork airsoft situation. In Dublin you could try Oakridge, Red Barn, HRTA, Arena, Tallaght CQB with Vacant, Hilltop, The Orchard & Bellurgan not too far away either.

Yes, weather permitting we will be playing in Dec/Jan so no worries there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I'm visiting from Dec 23 - mid January -- would ye still be active around then? I'm not sure what the weather situation is like there.

I'll be in Cork for the first week, then Dublin for most of the time (using gf's account, so apologies for any confusion! :P)

Most sites are open year round. It may be cold and shíte but we still play!

Firekitten wrote: »
    no range, no accuracy? Have you ever tried it? range and accuracy is FINE. I engage regularly at 60-70m with an airsoft rifle shooting 320. so that is rubbish.

As for 5m 450 hits not hurting, load of crap. I've been hit by a sniper that had a 450ish bolty, at that range, granted it was an accident, in the uk we have a 25m engagement range for that, and I can tell you from only a single shot, it broke the skin, and hurt like hell. Full auto? on your bike.
    My other half was shot by me with a 500, at 30m roughly once, that left an apple sized bruise. High fps is dangerous when not handled correctly. I frankly dont TRUST the average airsofter, with a 450 auto rifle. They cause enough pain, and misery with 328.

I'm not sure what kind of gear you're packing, but we have proper eye protection, and most of us have thses: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5255/5494123035_7e42f91b79.jpg

Also, we wear real army BDUs and vests. These things are thick and occasionally you don't even feel that 450 FPS shot from 50 meters. Especially with all the adrenaline pumping.

I don't understand what you seem to think we do...

Of course we wear 'real army bdu and vests' that doesnt do that much frankly, you make out like its a padded suit...

As for face protection... all I can say, is 'duh'.

I'm increasingly confused by your assertations, have you ever used a 328 airsoft rifle? or skirmished with one? your perspective comes across somewhat one sided, and a little basic. I'm not being funny, but atleast try it first, before making all these statements of 'fact'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

I wear an authentic assault vest and I can tell if something is bouncing off it and I don't think airsoft can actually cause adrenaline rush's not saying its not exciting I just find more fun if that makes any sense

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »

I don't understand what you seem to think we do...

Of course we wear 'real army bdu and vests' that doesnt do that much frankly, you make out like its a padded suit...

As for face protection... all I can say, is 'duh'.

I'm increasingly confused by your assertations, have you ever used a 328 airsoft rifle? or skirmished with one? your perspective comes across somewhat one sided, and a little basic. I'm not being funny, but atleast try it first, before making all these statements of 'fact'.

Sure. We use that in CQB, but 90% of the time we play outdoors.
    My M130 cylinder is currently broken, so I'm using an M90. And my backup AEG is at around 300 FPS.
    It's very weak and I'm constantly out-ranged. Not to mention it doesn't shoot through foliage.

Sure. We use that in CQB, but 90% of the time we play outdoors.
    My M130 cylinder is currently broken, so I'm using an M90. And my backup AEG is at around 300 FPS.
    It's very weak and I'm constantly out-ranged. Not to mention it doesn't shoot through foliage.

Mine shoots 310 and cuts rite through foliage whts the local brush made from? Steel?

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Mine shoots 310 and cuts rite through foliage whts the local brush made from? Steel?

it's made from this :P
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nuta_CQvImI/TD91AYGKwLI/AAAAAAAACeY/4udeik1x6G8/s1600/JNF-Eshtaol-Forest,-Israel-PD-photo-2.jpg

Also, anyone here use Pimp My Gun? :) It's my site, and just wondering if any Irish people have tried it

yup thats close to what i was playing in and have out my back yard still cuts through it :confused:

If it shoots through foliage, its going to seriously hurt someone on the other side...

As for range, youve fallen into the classic trap of 'moar fps = moar range' Which is total cobblers.

Your mind seems set on this desire for power. End of the day, this is the law, its not going to change. Deal with it.

Also, anyone here use Pimp My Gun? :) It's my site, and just wondering if any Irish people have tried it

yes I have and is there any chance you mite revise the names of a few parts? for example you have the aug a1 a2 and a3 but there all called aug a2:confused:

also would love to see some Madbull parts as well like the JP rifle kits or some trades on the receivers if possible :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

as i have said in all the "we need higher fps limits for our guns" threads,
    do not compensate for lack of skill with with higher power limits,
    compensate for lack of (preceived) power with increasing your skill level, and upping your game.

yes I have and is there any chance you mite revise the names of a few parts? for example you have the aug a1 a2 and a3 but there all called aug a2:confused:

also would love to see some Madbull parts as well like the JP rifle kits or some trades on the receivers if possible :D

Will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Will do :)

And Add More Pistols :D

• Advertisement

And Add More Pistols :D

Some day :P It takes an average of 14 hours to draw a single rifle, plus I need to work on the new version of the app as well. And I have a full time job to go with it

is there a downloadable app for pc?????? :D

is there a downloadable app for pc?????? :D

Nope, the ads on the site is what keeps it going. If it gets to PC, I get nothing.

Nope, the ads on the site is what keeps it going. If it gets to PC, I get nothing.

Why not create and sell a PC app yourself? for like $10 or something?

Why not create and sell a PC app yourself? for like $10 or something?

I like to keep my options open :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Anyways Back To The Topic at Hand At a little under a Joule if a gun was upgraded enough could easily hit them 100m mark accurately

Also the low fps makes it better as you can't sit at one side of the field and snipe with pistols guys on the other side
    :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Anyways Back To The Topic at Hand At a little under a Joule if a gun was upgraded enough could easily hit them 100m mark accurately

Also the low fps makes it better as you can't sit at one side of the field and snipe with pistols guys on the other side
    :-)

Eh no, physics says no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

sorry come again? i think that is a little bit optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Anyways Back To The Topic at Hand At a little under a Joule if a gun was upgraded with enough divine intervention you could easily hit them 100m mark accurately

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

and that, dear friends is why women are crap at parking :D

It's an old joke, so I won't explain it but I just couldn't resist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement