Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

someone wasting my credit?

Options
  • 05-10-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi im getting weekly texts from ringtone providers and each text wastes about 2-4 euro :/ i know i didnt sign up for this, how could this happen?

dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you've likely signed up for the company through some promotion or ringtone service etc. its also possible sometimes that they can sign you up without your knowledge but i think the first is more likely.

id suggest you contact your network and ask for details of the companys taking the money from you. sometimes they will email on your behalf and request you are unsubscribed and sometimes they will just provide you with contact info.

i think this is the best way to manage it.

++ edit - you can generally reply with just the word "stop" to unsubscribe but the above will give you more information if stop doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Random wrote: »
    you've likely signed up for the company through some promotion or ringtone service etc. its also possible sometimes that they can sign you up without your knowledge but i think the first is more likely.

id suggest you contact your network and ask for details of the companys taking the money from you. sometimes they will email on your behalf and request you are unsubscribed and sometimes they will just provide you with contact info.

i think this is the best way to manage it.

++ edit - you can generally reply with just the word "stop" to unsubscribe but the above will give you more information if stop doesnt work.

thanks mate:) will call into shop tomorrow:) close:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

it will most likely be coming from a 5 digit number starting 57 but can occasionally start 59 or 53,
    either way the should stop if you text "STOP" make sure its full capitals
    Comreg have a site with regards to this too http://www.phonesmart.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

+1 all you have to do is reply STOP

Advertisement