Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LT 1.90 dash 13146 jonah lomu/deadisland update help

• 05-10-2011 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

hi

I have lt flash 1.90 (i think - i got my box flashed in early july before the july 19th update and before lt 1.91 was out)

dash 13146

i can play all games fine except up to the most recent ones which require to update to play (jonah lomu rugby is the main example i downloaded - but i gather this update is also on madden, dead island, fifa 12 etc)

can someone give me a definitive answer is it safe or not to update?
    i read of some people getting caught in an update loop?

can someone please advise, i read through all these threads and cant find a clear cut answer.

thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Restore drive to stock -> update dash to 13599 -> flash with LT2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dont update, I have had to fix too xboxes lately that have being stuck in an update loop after dead island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

is there a way to download the 13599 dash update onto a usb and then update via that? or will that still remove my flash?

or do all versions of lt under 1.91 get flashed back to original firmware?

Absolutely download a program called UpdateSpy you want the 13599 version, download the System Update throw it on a USB and pop it in the console.

It's recommended to restore it to stock before applying a system update, but if you don't care about XBL go right ahead and update to 13599 then have someone update the DVD drive firmware to LT 2.0

This tutorial is for those who are stuck in the dreaded "Update Loop"

This happened with Madden 12 & Body Count due to some new "security features" from Microsoft.

The reason for this tutorial is that there have been a lot of threads about it (including some from myself) and it'd be better if there's one place for people to go to for answers.

The Issue:
    You accidentally or stupidly updated from your burned copy of Madden 12 or Body Count, and now every time you start your console you see this (or something very similar):

What this means:
    Simply put, this update erased the custom firmware on your drive. That's it, it's gone.

Many people say it flashes back to stock, but I have found this to not be entirely true. Some people have said they've been able to do a USB update from this screen and it worked fine. For others, like myself, that didn't work.

Let's fix it:

Step 1 -

Flash back to your original stock firmware. This is the best and safest way to do it. Some people didn't need to flash back to stock in order to update, but others did. So to be safe, complete this step. If you're unsure how to do that, search around the tutorial section because there are dozens of topics about flashing.

Step 2-

Hopefully you remember which version of the Dashboard you were on before starting the update.

If you were on any Dashboard prior to 13146..
    Download version 13146 here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TCPSQODQ

If you were already on Dashboard 13146, then you need to download the 13599 update...
    Download version 13599 here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BXEJJPN1

Both updates are for USB.

Step 3 (Only if you were on a Dashboard prior to 13146!) -

Insert the USB drive with the 13146 Update on it. (Extract the $systemupdate folder to the root of the USB drive, update will continue automatically).

At this point, if you were on a Dashboard prior to 13146 when you attempted the Madden/BC update you should be out of the update loop! But you're not done yet!

Step 4 (Only if you are already on Dashboard 13146!) -

Flash your console to LT 1.91 (easy step, right?)

Step 5 -

Once your console is flashed to LT 1.91, update to Dashboard 13599 (link above) using a USB drive. If you're using the same USB drive you used to update to 13146, make sure you erase that $systemupdate folder first. Then extract the $systemupdate folder for the 13599 update onto the root of the USB.

Let the update run, it will restart your console and ask if you want to update the firmware, select Yes.

The update will complete and you're done!

You're out of the update loop and you're running LT 1.91. So go and play the newest games to your heart's desire.

If you have issues or questions, post them here and I'll answer them the best I can. Also if you think anything should be added to this post, let me know.

Good luck!

Surely i should be able to jump straight to step five!!!??!

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »
    Absolutely download a program called UpdateSpy you want the 13599 version, download the System Update throw it on a USB and pop it in the console.

It's recommended to restore it to stock before applying a system update, but if you don't care about XBL go right ahead and update to 13599 then have someone update the DVD drive firmware to LT 2.0

ok, so if i download the 13599 update, put it on a usb, and update my dash with that, will i still have my lt 1.90 firmware, or will my firmware be reflashed to stock?

i dont play xbl, never been online at all.

I think 12146 was the game-changer that flashed your drive back to stock, as far as I know any system update after 12146 didn't flash the dvd drive back to stock firmware.

ok ill look around a bit more to try and find out for certain before doing anything.
    thanks for your help.

Advertisement