Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of expired Register.com domains?

Options
  • 05-10-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I couldn't find a very relevant forum for this, mods move it if this isn't the right place.

I am interested in an expired URL for a company name which register.com snapped up. The URL was never used, it was registered for 2years but was always an empty site and it's not a URL with global or large-scale appeal. Register.com are however requesting about $3000 for the URL. :eek:

I don't think the URL would get any attempted traffic at the moment, and it's been expired for 8months and I've tried to only check it every few months so as not to peak the "interest"... but the price doesn't change.

Has anyone got experience with register.com's pricing for expired URLs? Do they eventually reduce to reasonable prices? Do they ever give up and open up the URL again?

Thanks,

Joe

Advertisement