Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone seen this - bubble photography?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

That's quite cool. Cheaper than a fish eye lens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's quite difficult. I've had a few failed attempts.

1428842598_04c590d232_b.jpg
    1428845776_4a9f206917_b.jpg
    1428844788_292f501211_b.jpg
    1428843854_0f960104ff_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

smash wrote: »
    It's quite difficult. I've had a few failed attempts.

I've tried it too, but it's not easy, you did well.

It'd be so much easier if there was someone else to make the bubbles rather than trying to do it all myself, and you need good light and no wind, and good bubble mix is hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jensennhook

hey it's beautiful i want to try it, no i will really try it.haha:D..it doesn't require a high different camera does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Every You Photography

That is a mix between a fisheye and a double rainbow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

Would be beautiful into a rich colourful sunset <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have a giant bubble maker at home, might try it again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

well executed but tbh a bit boring, overdone, old, seen before (by most), cliche, niche images. Surpirsed they are nu-wave HDR...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 121FOTO

A decent F-number (F8-11), a fast shutter speed and an ISO to take all these two elements. Dont shot to close to the bubble (remember the depth of field)
    Put the camera on a tripod, manually focus on a point where the bubble will be, use a bubble gun or a bubble machine (they sell them in Mother Care for €15 - best investment ever for kids photos) and start snapping. I will guarantee you 90% of the shots will be crap :) but there will be one or two that will be worth the work.
    Enjoy :D

Ovidiu @121FOTO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

That is very cool and something i shall be trying! I've felt a bit devoid of inspiration recently but oooooh, i like this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Thats actually pretty cool I really like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gpdv

Some good examples there, smash. I'll be trying this as well, as soon as I get a bubble maker. Then I can be a kid again :) Only problem is I'm not brave enough to attempt this in city center, where architecture is good. And thank you Ovidiu for advice.

Advertisement