Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Standard Chainrings 5-bolt 110mm 10 speed shimano compatible

Options
  • 05-10-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I want to convert a compact crankset in to a standard so I'm looking for chainrings matching the description in the title. Something like 53-39 in new or very good condition.

If you spot anything suitable for sale online please throw up the links.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Anyone:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

You might have a problem there as standard 53/39 chainrings tend to have a bolt circle diameter (BCD) of 130mm whereas your compact cranks take 110mm rings. Maybe what you have would be suitable for a swap with what Ryan Sherlock is offering, currently a couple of posts below yours...

Thanks for the input Greyspoke. I know that I'll have some difficulty sourcing what I'm looking for but it does exist.

I had entertained the idea of getting a standard crankset but there would probably be bb compatability issues requiring a converter of some sort or spacers.

Also, Ryan_Sherlock's cranks are 175. Mine are 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭columbus_66

Hi Lemag,

I have some at home brand new TA 110mm pcd. I'll check later and get back to you. I got them just in case I wanted to change from 34\50 for winter training.

Sounds very promising columbus_66. Let me know full details when you have them including the price. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i asked this same question not so long ago lemag, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74356369

there is a link in there to a place that sells them if it doesnt work out with colombus

Thanks lennymc. I'll wait to hear back from columbus_66.

Hi Lemag,

Sorry I forgot to check last night but I'm sure I have a 36,38,42, and a 52 or 53 ring for 110bcd. I will be deffo checking tonight as I have to get my cyclox bike ready for tomorrow!

I might be interested in taking the 53 outter off your hands but a 38 inner might be a bit too much of a gap. I'll see what I can find out there.

Hi Lemag,

I have 36,38, and 46 rings for 110mm bcd shimano all brand new TA. I can get other ones if you want TA make all sizes. However I don't think the outer rings will be the fancy shape of the current Shimano chainsets. For an exact match you'd have to get Shimano originals. Inside rings are the same.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the helpful input lads. I found exactly what I was looking for on http://www.xxcycle.fr/ after Holyboy suggested Stronglight rings.

Advertisement