Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official X factor Prediction thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Bottom 2:

Frankie & Kitty

Eliminated Frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Bottom 2:

Frankie (surely he can't evade it AGAIN although I said that last week!!!) and Little Mix

Eliminated: Frankie

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bottom Two: Janet and Kitty

Eliminated: Kitty

And in case it is vote in this week instead of the normal show

Top Votes - Ameila and Two Shoes

Back on the show - Ameila

ziedth wrote: »
    Bottom 2:

Frankie & Kitty

Eliminated Frankie.

Now that Frankie is gone cab I change mine :)

Bottom 2:

Kitty & Littlemix

Eliminated Kitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bottom 2: Frankie and Kitty

Bottom 2: Kitty and Janet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Will be tough to see this going smoothly this week as it appears either Amelia, James Michael, Jonjo or Two shoes will be voted in by the public for Saturday night's show. Without knowing (before 8) on Saturday which one will be voted in, it makes picking the bottom 2 all that much harder. An idea, and feel free to dismiss it completely, would be possibly picking which of the 4 we think will be voted in before sat's show. And perhaps, then after we see which one gets through, after saturday's show (for once only!!) we pick bottom 2?? Have until just before results show on Sunday. Other ideas would be interesting to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Will be tough to see this going smoothly this week as it appears either Amelia, James Michael, Jonjo or Two shoes will be voted in by the public for Saturday night's show. Without knowing (before 8) on Saturday which one will be voted in, it makes picking the bottom 2 all that much harder. An idea, and feel free to dismiss it completely, would be possibly picking which of the 4 we think will be voted in before sat's show. And perhaps, then after we see which one gets through, after saturday's show (for once only!!) we pick bottom 2?? Have until just before results show on Sunday. Other ideas would be interesting to hear.

Good idea but I think it could possibly be a little bit unfair as some people might not be on in time to vote. But if people really want to do it we can, I just think it might be some people at an unfair advantage.

lizt wrote: »
    Good idea but I think it could possibly be a little bit unfair as some people might not be on in time to vote. But if people really want to do it we can, I just think it might be some people at an unfair advantage.

Yeah that's a problem alright! If it wasn't the x factor it would nearly be okay to assume Amelia will get through and that we could pick the bottom 2 accordingly haha! But nothing would surprise me in this competition, this year. Look forward to hearing ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Only a handful of people have voted for this week so maybe a pm to everyone on the spreadsheet about whatever we're voting for might work. I can do a few if that helps.

egan2020 wrote: »
    Only a handful of people have voted for this week so maybe a pm to everyone on the spreadsheet about whatever we're voting for might work. I can do a few if that helps.

People usually vote later in the week anyway. I can send PMs if necessary but just to make it clear everyone is voting for who is leaving this weekend.

If people really want we can vote for who will be voted back in, I'd love to hear a few opinions about this so I could get some PMs out tomorrow if we need to change the format.

• Advertisement

I say we do it, adds a new element to the game this week :)

Ok just sent everyone a PM there.... at least I think I did. Here it is anyway if I missed someone or it didn't send

Hey everyone.

This week there will be an act voted in to replace Frankie Cocozza. The public will vote in Amelia, 2 Shoes, Jonjo or James. For an extra 6 points this week please include who you think will be voted in AS WELL as your prediction.
    As usual predictions need to be in before the show on Saturday.
    It's not entirely clear as yet if the new act is immune for the first week (probably not) but if you wish to choose the new act in the bottom two I think it's fair enough to just put "New Act". However in the event that the new act is not eligible for elimination I need you to include an alternative act.

e.g. Bottom Two
    Kitty
    New Act (or Marcus if new act immune)

Hope this is clear enough, if any of you don't agree with this format just post on the thread and we can go with what the majority of posters want.

Thanks and good luck!
    Lizt :)

Hope it's clear to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Voted in: Amelia Lily

Bottom Two
    Kitty
    Jonjo (or Janet if new act immune)

Eliminated: Jonjo (or Kitty if new act immune)

Bottom Two
    Kitty
    Jonjo (or Janet if new act immune)

Eliminated: Jonjo (or Kitty if new act immune)

Perfect! Also in interest of fairness if another act instead of Jonjo is voted back in you will get the points for elimination, it's too hard to predict otherwise.

e.g. if amelia is voted back in and is in the bottom two you will get points for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Should people maybe still throw in a double elimination prediction as well, just in case?

Should people maybe still throw in a double elimination prediction as well, just in case?

You can if you want but I would say it is extremely unlikely they would have a double elimination as well as dealing with Frankie's departure as well as voting someone back in.

lizt wrote: »
    Ok just sent everyone a PM there.... at least I think I did. Here it is anyway if I missed someone or it didn't send

Hey everyone.

This week there will be an act voted in to replace Frankie Cocozza. The public will vote in Amelia, 2 Shoes, Jonjo or James. For an extra 6 points this week please include who you think will be voted in AS WELL as your prediction.
    As usual predictions need to be in before the show on Saturday.
    It's not entirely clear as yet if the new act is immune for the first week (probably not) but if you wish to choose the new act in the bottom two I think it's fair enough to just put "New Act". However in the event that the new act is not eligible for elimination I need you to include an alternative act.

e.g. Bottom Two
    Kitty
    New Act (or Marcus if new act immune)

Hope this is clear enough, if any of you don't agree with this format just post on the thread and we can go with what the majority of posters want.

Thanks and good luck!
    Lizt :)

Hope it's clear to everyone.

Very good, I think this is easily the best method of doing it, I'll leave my vote to fri /sat but I see Amelia getting through and can't see her being in bottom2. We'll see what happens though!

Voted In: Amelia

Bottom 2: Kitty & Misha
    Eliminated: Kitty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Voted In: Amelia Lily

Single Elimnation:
    Bottom Two: Kitty & LittleMix

Double Elimination:
    Bottom Three: Kitty, LittleMix & Janet
    Eliminated: Kitty & LittleMix

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Thanks for the PM Lizt, you're great for sorting the thread out through all this chaos!

Bottom 2: Janet & Lidl Mix
    Eliminated: Janet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Bottom 2: Kitty, Janet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Voted in: Amelia Lily.

Single Elimination:
    Bottom 2 - Kitty and Craig.
    Eliminated - Kitty.

Double Elimination:
    Bottom 3: Kitty, Craig and Pic n Mix.
    Lowest votes: Kitty
    Loses showdown: Little Mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Voted in wishful thinking.James Michael's.

Bottom 2:
    Kitty,Misha
    Out Kitty.

Thanks Lizt:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Voted In: Amelia Lily (Doubtful but I really hope so)

Bottom 2:
    Kitty
    Little Mix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Slow Show wrote: »
    Voted In: Amelia Lily (Doubtful but I really hope so)

Bottom 2:
    Kitty
    Little Mix

Why do you think it's doubtful that Amelia will get in? It's a shoe-in IMO. I'll be shocked if she doesn't. The odds are ridiculous!

Same as SuperEagle:

Why do you think it's doubtful that Amelia will get in? It's a shoe-in IMO. I'll be shocked if she doesn't. The odds are ridiculous!

Agreed, it's nearly a foregone conclusion at this stage, she's even 1/7 with some bookies!

Voted in: Amelia

Bottom two:
    Kitty (unfortunately)
    Craig

Really difficult this week, there is the possibility that people who vote Amelia in will feel they do not need to vote to save her so she could be in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Bottom 2: Kitty, Janet

Pedictions are impossible this year, there are so many people we could name every week.

Thanks to lizt for the PM, I'd say this is more of a headache than its worth at the moment! :D

Advertisement