Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official X factor Prediction thread 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Haven't logged in since the twist was announced, so I missed this week, Can I still get marks if my prediction for 2 shoes works out?

Yeah if 2 shoes are out you will get three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

The predictions need to be in before the first live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

lizt wrote: »
    K people, I need some advice. I was pm'ed by a member who stated they did not have access to boards for 24hrs before The X factor. They sent me their predictions and said that they hadn't seen any of the show. The person sounds very nice in their pm but what should I do? :(:confused:

Of course let them in. Why not

Im very smug with my choices :D

*hope I wont eat my words later :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The only issue with letting one person in is that other people might start taking the mick then and you'll get stuck with a load of these PMs to sift through. Maybe state that you're doing it only once for this first week and next week's deadline is final?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I would allow the entries, not everyone might have seen the thread in time. Late entries should be just a once off for the first week, the deadline should be strictly applied next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lizt, I think let that one person who PM'd you in, but not the people who posted in here after the show as that's not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

maybe someone should start a thread for predictions after the live show,

I do like to hear them before making a choice, lots of things can come into play during the live show, song choice, unwell, style, nerves.

there have been plenty of upsets since the show started.

I do like to hear them before making a choice, lots of things can come into play during the live show, song choice, unwell, style, nerves.

The whole fun in it is trying to predict who'll be bad each week, it makes it a lot harder. It worked really well last year, I think everyone enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Boys marcus r frankie should go
    girls the blonde one forget her name
    groups the boy band not the risk
    over 30's jon jo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

It wouldn't be fair as not everyone can get on to post on Saturday or Sunday. Whereas people have from Sunday night until Saturday before the show if we do it the way we're doing it now.

Ok I think that the person who pmed me will be allowed in but we can't really allow anyone else in. It gives people an unfair advantage if they have seen the show before they make predictions.

I think most of us would have had different predictions if we could redo them last night.

Of course everyone is welcome next week. It's a slight disadvantage but I skipped a week last year and still won so there's hope for everyone!

lizt wrote: »
    Ok I think that the person who pmed me will be allowed in but we can't really allow anyone else in. It gives people an unfair advantage if they have seen the show before they make predictions.

I think most of us would have had different predictions if we could redo them last night.

Of course everyone is welcome next week. It's a slight disadvantage but I skipped a week last year and still won so there's hope for everyone!

Show off :P

I'll post up the results later tonight.

But I got 0 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

2/4 for me, I'm happy enough given that pretty much everyone thought Rhythmix were going home. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

1/4 :|

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

2/4! I'll take that thanks

Are we going on just 1 out next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Damn didn't know this was up. I got 3/4 right. Amelia knocked me for six though... What the heck was that about?? She was my winner prediction.

Maybe the next twist willl be to vote one of them back in as a wild card? :rolleyes:

Getting my prediction in for next week :D

Single Elimination
    Bottom 2 KITTY and Nu Vibe

Eliminated KITTY

Double Elimination

Bottom 3 KITTY, Nu Vibe and Sophie

Eliminted KITTY and Nu Vibe

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I'm assuming that the final will take place on the 10th of December because i checked the Wembley website and White Lies are playing there on the 17th of December. Xfactor isn't listed but there's nobody down for the 10th so I'm assuming that's when it will be on. If one act goes each week between now and then, there will be four acts left on the 10th. I think there's usually three acts so there will be either one double elimination or four acts will take part in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

egan2020 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the final will take place on the 10th of December because i checked the Wembley website and White Lies are playing there on the 17th of December. Xfactor isn't listed but there's nobody down for the 10th so I'm assuming that's when it will be on. If one act goes each week between now and then, there will be four acts left on the 10th. I think there's usually three acts so there will be either one double elimination or four acts will take part in the final.
    There were four acts in the final last year, so I'm assuming they'll have the same this year! With regard to prediction 2/4 not bad, don't think anyone betted against rhythmix really! Although they were better than Two Shoes, I think she could've kept Two Shoes in as they clearly had a better chance of going further!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

cgpg5 wrote: »
    There were four acts in the final last year, so I'm assuming they'll have the same this year! With regard to prediction 2/4 not bad, don't think anyone betted against rhythmix really! Although they were better than Two Shoes, I think she could've kept Two Shoes in as they clearly had a better chance of going further!

You're right - I'd forgotten about Cher Lloyd.

So are we safe to make our predictions based on single eliminations or will we add predictions for a double just in case?

egan2020 wrote: »
    You're right - I'd forgotten about Cher Lloyd.

So are we safe to make our predictions based on single eliminations or will we add predictions for a double just in case?

Add a double in case but realistically I can't see them getting rid of six acts in two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Single elimination
    Bottom two:
    Rhytmix
    sam (if she sings gospel)
    Rhytmix gone.

Results for this week

12 points
    No one!

9 points
    livinsane

6 points
    Handsome Bob
    cgpg5
    JP Liz V1
    Justask
    jubella
    kevin12345
    soccymonster
    amacachi
    phasers
    queenofleon
    magiD

3 points
    ibarelycare
    egan2020
    ziedth
    slowshow
    messrs
    tomissex
    closifer
    eabhabear
    newaglish
    cyning
    challengemaster
    busi_girl08
    almostnever
    dresstoimpress

0 points
    Lizt :(
    kiwi_knock
    Bella mamma

I think this is a complete list, if there is any errors or omissions then let me know!

Spreadsheet of results

Let me know if there are problems accessing this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bad start for the reigning champ wha? ;):p

Advertisement