Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stockwatch.ie

• 05-10-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be of interest to people. You can advertise cattle on-line before you sell in the mart. There's also a handy map showing marts all over Ireland.

"Stock Watch.ie is a dedicated website for advertising livestock online.

We work with Marts all over Ireland so you can list your livestock under the mart they are being sold in, or you can list them as private sales and sell your livestock online."

http://stockwatch.ie/home.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRyUK7whZ_Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Upstream

Hi Pakalasa,

I thought about starting a thread on this too. I copied an add to it that I was posting on DoneDeal for a neighbour recently. Not sure if either made any difference, but he sold anyway :)

It's a nice enough site, I wonder will it get the critical mass of viewers needed to compete with DoneDeal. Could be hard to do. But since it's free to use I think it's worth giving it a go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

As usual, nothing exists West of the Corrib :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dairygene

Heard about this way back. Good idea, I think web development lets it down a bit. hard to beat done deal or the mart themselves. I remember looking around the ring at my local mart and wondering how many of them could even turn on a computer. If they could, how many had high speed broadband. big problems, simple works best I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

i like the idea.
    not a critical mass there yet though to get it going
    what was the name of the site aimed at the pedigree breeder called again?

be a great job if it was taken on by the marts themselves but can see that there would be resistance within the mart organisations. But really with so much technology at our finger tips why do we have to put cattle through the stress of going into a ring

should be able to put up star ratings that can be created by icbf catalogues.

i went looking for bulling hiefers and got nowhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

49801 wrote: »
    i like the idea.
    not a critical mass there yet though to get it going
    what was the name of the site aimed at the pedigree breeder called again?

be a great job if it was taken on by the marts themselves but can see that there would be resistance within the mart organisations. But really with so much technology at our finger tips why do we have to put cattle through the stress of going into a ring

should be able to put up star ratings that can be created by icbf catalogues.

i went looking for bulling hiefers and got nowhere

Is this the website you were talking about
    http://www.pedigreecattle.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ddogsbollix

any mart in mayo sell calves...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

As a farmer who uses the internet for research purposes/advise etc. this really does seem like the future. All the site needs is financial investment and day-to-day management. I can see in 10 years this giving the marts a run for their money. If farmers are to become more time/money efficient then IT is going to play a big part in their delivery. The idea is dynamite; the name is catchy; the execution to date is pathetic though.

Advertisement