Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits New video ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

they've lost it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Mc Love wrote: »
    they've lost it!

Lost what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Surely this can only mean the end of them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sh1thawk more like it. :D

Truly awful song. Not catchy at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

It's a pisstake, just like their act. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lost what?

I think what they meant was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Makes zero sense unless you've seen the vid for "Little Wings" by Mark Gormley (not that many people have, I'd imagine). Still a weak effort though. I know it's parody but it's a lazy one IMO

Ah lads it's a joke, it's meant to be an ironic song about bullying but done in that 'out there' Rubberbandits style. It's intentionally crap and is in no way a reflection of waning standards in their song writing.

I get that it's not a song for the casual Bandits fan who liked Horse Outside. It's for the fan who understands Hash Party or Up Da Ra for what it is, a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, is that Will Ferrell's stunt double in the Book Shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Crap. It's like they are trying to appeal to a non Irish audience, and also stuck between 2 stools. Should we try and write a serious tune, but still wear the bags?

It just comes across as a semi decent tune sung by lads with bad Limerick accents (even though they are from Limerick, how does that work?).

Victims of their own success perhaps?

Compare it to "Bag of Glue" with all its "Limerickisms" and Spastic Hawk ain't a patch on it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Ah lads it's a joke, it's meant to be an ironic song about bullying but done in that 'out there' Rubberbandits style. It's intentionally crap and is in no way a reflection of waning standards in their song writing.

I get that it's not a song for the casual Bandits fan who liked Horse Outside. It's for the fan who understands Hash Party or Up Da Ra for what it is, a joke.

No, I like their more out there stuff but I just thought this was weak because it isn't anywhere as witty or eloquent as their older stuff. Of course I understand that it's intentionally crap, that's not what I'm getting at- I just think that there's too much of direct ripping off of that Mark Gormley video/concept. In the past, the Bandit's stuff has been unique, like nothing else out there (granted with a nod to hip-hop but in an obviously tongue-in-cheek way) and that's why I love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

How did they get will ferrell in it!

Seriously though, they went from a video with a hot bird to a video with a spastic bird.
    Needs more hot birds...Oh and a song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

is it supposed to be funny...cos its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

vkid wrote: »
    is it supposed to be funny...cos its not.

That's why it's funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    It's a pisstake, just like their act. I love it.

A pisstake/novelty/ironic song can still have a catchy tune to it. This song does not, so on that level it is shyte for me.

Horse Outside had rubbish lyrics but was catchy and stuck in the head, so they can write catchy songs.

But as crap as I think the new song is, I hope it sells well for them as they are pretty likeable guys irl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Needs a good bad woman in it, Jasus the fella in green is terribly pale and thin. I've not heard the song it parodys but I suspect they could do a good Coldplay ass-rip.

Horse Outside has over 7 million hits! (must be RTEs most watched clip)

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    That's why it's funny

its funny because its not funny? Give me a break.

They were funny at one stage, now its just boring.

I'd say the idea of Spastic Hawk is to **** with people's heads, their long-time fans will get it though.

Here's the guy they are parodying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

complete toss especially after theres a horse outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I'd say the idea of Spastic Hawk is to **** with people's heads, their long-time fans will get it though.

Here's the guy they are parodying.

It's still a **** song regardless. Just like "Too Many Gee" is a **** song. Just because it's parodying terrible, unimaginative hip hop, doesn't make it a good song.

• Advertisement

vkid wrote: »
    its funny because its not funny? Give me a break.

They were funny at one stage, now its just boring.

You just don't get it man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

Cracked. Too many gee is unreal but this song is positively shocking. Like being "out there" is one thing but this doesn't even resemble music....

Its reminscient of Flight of the Conchords. The first series was filled with the hilarious songs that they had been writing for years. In the second series, they had to throw together songs in a couple of months and it shows, the same as the rubberbandits.

Maybe they should branch out into sketch comedy or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

I've been a huge fan of theirs since the start (about 10 years ago, got the pranks CD from lads in school when it was just recorded) and have loved everything they've done since.

So there is nothing to "get", this is just a pile of sh1t!

Hash Party was ironic, it was funny, I really liked it, but christ it was even hard to listen to spastic hawk once!

yupyup7up wrote: »
    I've been a huge fan of theirs since the start (about 10 years ago, got the pranks CD from lads in school when it was just recorded) and have loved everything they've done since.

So there is nothing to "get", this is just a pile of sh1t!
    !

exactly. its just crap.

they should do something else. The Bandits are done..yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Stop trying to convince yourself. It's a poor effort from guys who can do better, novelty comedy acts only last so long - best get out while they can. As I said on here before, the "we're knackers" joke will only get them so far.

However, one caveat - I know they filmed a video in Nancys only in the last week or so, presumably not this one, so maybe this is an intentional wind-up before a 'proper' song. But I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

had to run out and watch that vid on my phone going up nd down the lift!!

looks good to me so far...will check it out proper later...

leakyboots wrote: »

Stop trying to convince yourself. It's a poor effort from guys who can do better, novelty comedy acts only last so long - best get out while they can. As I said on here before, the "we're knackers" joke will only get them so far.

However, one caveat - I know they filmed a video in Nancys only in the last week or so, presumably not this one, so maybe this is an intentional wind-up before a 'proper' song. But I doubt it.

You gotta take a chill pill brother and open your mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You gotta take a chill pill brother and open your mind
    yeah i got lost at "novelty comedy act"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

yeah i got lost at "novelty comedy act"

words too big for you?:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

No, he is right. Its just not funny and the generall public will agree also via youtube views / sales numbers.

They were a novilty band from day 1, I went blue in the face from telling people this to be met with "nah, their the best thing from Limerick EVER" and now I'll laugh as I see the fall of yet another of these ****e novilty bands (this one made even more irritating by the bloody accent).

Hopefully they will drag out the denial that its over by splitting up and trying to release songs seperatly.

Advertisement