Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits New video ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I've only seen the Danny Dyer sketch, liked it - although I keep picturing Marty Morissey riding the shark in the nip - disturbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Thought there was some very clever ideas, but didn't find the show funny at all really.
    Not a big fan of them anyway but best of luck to them. Doing well for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Here s a bit of BlindboyBoat Club showing his more serious side from a good few years back, found it again today when I was looking for Larry and Choppy. Love this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcM0SCInjRk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Awful and a blatant rip off of eamonn devalera

• Advertisement

Awful and a blatant rip off of eamonn devalera
    it's nothing like dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I'm not feeling it and I am big fan of the Rubberbandits.

I disagree it'd nothing like it. Closer to industrial than techno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭brianhickey

Beat is pretty close to this:

but that isn't original ...you'd need to go back a few more years for a good example. Aphex twin or NIN or the like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not sure what to make of it. It's falling between two stools for me..

well done!
    from the telegraph
    The eponymous narrator drives along to a furious beat, sampled from Swedish group The Knife, sharing details of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

but that isn't original ...you'd need to go back a few more years for a good example. Aphex twin or NIN or the like

And a very obvious Limerick link there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thought it was quite good and I havent said that about anything they have done in years!

seachto7 wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of it. It's falling between two stools for me..

Wooden ones I assume?

Admit it dude both the song and video are top class u had them written off as did Mclove nearly 3 years ago [and another fella called diabalo who also lost his ability to discern due to some emotional reaction to the lads, mind u he seems to have a problem with culchies in general which of course the Bandits are in the eyes of many Dubs ]but here they are they ve gone from strength to strength and begin 22 shows on the trot in the west end starting tomorrow.

I know Im being a childish ****er but I ****ing love it.

news/padraigreidy/100256255/the-rubberbandits-are-heirs-to-the-irish-tradition-of-great-unsettling-satire/

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Wooden ones I assume?

Admit it dude both the song and video are top class u had them written off as did Mclove nearly 3 years ago [and another fella called diabalo who also lost his ability to discern due to some emotional reaction to the lads, mind u he seems to have a problem with culchies in general which of course the Bandits are in the eyes of many Dubs ]but here they are they ve gone from strength to strength and begin 22 shows on the trot in the west end starting tomorrow.

I know Im being a childish ****er but I ****ing love it.

news/padraigreidy/100256255/the-rubberbandits-are-heirs-to-the-irish-tradition-of-great-unsettling-satire/

Yeah, I'm not a fan, and wouldn't spend any of my money buying their stuff, as I'm over the age of 18. ;):rolleyes:

I just don't know. Are they comedians? What are they? I can't figure it out, maybe that's why I don't like them.

I heard the song on the radio driving the car the other day, and it gave me a bit of a different perspective, not being able to watch the video. It's not a bad track I'll admit, but it's a good musical track with comedy lyrics. That's not my bag. As in, Flight of the Chonchords was good, but I wouldn't be buying their album to put on. I'd rather listen to "serious" lyrics.

The only one who could get away with funny lyrics due to his musical genius, was Frank Zappa. ;)

Yeah, I'm not a fan, and wouldn't spend any of my money buying their stuff, as I'm over the age of 18. ;):rolleyes:

I just don't know. Are they comedians? What are they? I can't figure it out, maybe that's why I don't like them.

I heard the song on the radio driving the car the other day, and it gave me a bit of a different perspective, not being able to watch the video. It's not a bad track I'll admit, but it's a good musical track with comedy lyrics. That's not my bag. As in, Flight of the Chonchords was good, but I wouldn't be buying their album to put on. I'd rather listen to "serious" lyrics.

The only one who could get away with funny lyrics due to his musical genius, was Frank Zappa. ;)

Dad s Best Friend and you re stuck on 'funny lyrics'. The song is about hedonism and a man having a middle age breakdown due to an inability to take responsibility for the domestic situation he s found himself in. The humour is dark and very ****ing clever.

'my wife sells cheese on the internet'
    'I'm thinking of her sister when we re intimate'

'Im sleeping in the office cause my wife's depressed'
    'Im heating streaky bacon in a trouser press'

The singing and phrasing is top drawer the production and musicianship amazing as usual and the tune is ****ing banging.

'Funny lyrics'?

I doubt you understand Zappa either kid. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Dannyriver takes nuthugging to new levels. It's like he has a breakdown at the thought of someone not liking their music. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I like the new song fwiw. The production is very good and I like the dark tone.

magma69 wrote: »
    Dannyriver takes nuthugging to new levels. It's like he has a breakdown at the thought of someone not liking their music. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I like the new song fwiw. The production is very good and I like the dark tone.

No Nutthugging at all, I ve no problem with someone not liking them or not getting what they do, but they ve had to put up with awful nonsense on this site over the years from the same few heads who've written them off continuously.Since I grew up with them and they are good friends of mine I come on to argue against the nonsense. It only takes a few minutes to reply, and then I get on with my day, so its no big deal on my part. And I ve always enjoyed a good debate cheers.:)

No Nutthugging at all, I ve no problem with someone not liking them or not getting what they do, but they ve had to put up with awful nonsense on this site over the years from the same few heads who've written them off continuously.Since I grew up with them and they are good friends of mine I come on to argue against the nonsense. It only takes a few minutes to reply, and then I get on with my day, so its no big deal on my part. And I ve always enjoyed a good debate cheers.:)
    the bandits have done well and who cares if some people don't get them....people don't get a lot of things....garth brooks sold 240,000 tickets this morning..

• Advertisement

Dad s Best Friend and you re stuck on 'funny lyrics'. The song is about hedonism and a man having a middle age breakdown due to an inability to take responsibility for the domestic situation he s found himself in. The humour is dark and very ****ing clever.

'my wife sells cheese on the internet'
    'I'm thinking of her sister when we re intimate'

'Im sleeping in the office cause my wife's depressed'
    'Im heating streaky bacon in a trouser press'

The singing and phrasing is top drawer the production and musicianship amazing as usual and the tune is ****ing banging.

'Funny lyrics'?

I doubt you understand Zappa either kid. ;)

So, because I don't "get it", I'm somehow a bit thick? Nice assumption to make.

"The singing and phrasing is top drawer the production and musicianship amazing as usual and the tune is ****ing banging."

In your opinion, and like arseh*les, everyone has one, including me.

I think the Bandits are sh*t. For me, they definitely have their moments. That's my opinion. Anyone who mentions "begrudgery" can shove that up their holes as well. Some people like Justin Bieber. Some people don't. Some people like comedy rap, some people don't.

Get over yourself bud.

Here's a thought. If they don't want to put up with "awful nonsense", how about they give up making music, and get a 9 to 5 job? Problem solved.

I'm sick of musicians pissing and moaning about criticism. They're not forced to do it.

Excuse you, I'm over 18 and a massive fan of the bandits. Think their stuff is hilarious!

Love their guide to physics.

Geologists.
    What?
    Geologists.
    What are they?
    Stone Studiers.
    Well fair play to them.

Hahaha!

maguic24, have you ever heard of sarcasm.

Give me your address and I'll send you a medal.

maguic24, have you ever heard of sarcasm.

Give me your address and I'll send you a medal.

It's a bit hard to tell if you're being sarcastic over the interwebs. No need to be a condescending d*ck about it.

Here's a thought. If they don't want to put up with "awful nonsense", how about they give up making music, and get a 9 to 5 job? Problem solved.

I'm sick of musicians pissing and moaning about criticism. They're not forced to do it.
    i don't think they have been moaning? it's dannyriver that's moaning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I think the Bandits are sh*t...

Stephen Forward?? Did you not learn anything from having a snail thrun at your house?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Stephen Forward?? Did you not learn anything from having a snail thrun at your house?

Sorry Jim, but I didn't find that funny at all.

Sorry Jim, but I didn't find that funny at all.

I did!

• Advertisement

Good for you maguic24.

Each to their own.

Advertisement