Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits New video ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

As a non fan ( til now) popped in to say My dad's best friend is pretty heavy stuff. Excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

seachto7 wrote: »
    Good for you maguic24.

Each to their own.

Yeah I guess it was, as I got a laugh out of it. Sometimes I wake up and am thankful that I was gifted with a sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

So I don't have a sense of humour?

So I don't have a sense of humour?

I never said that. :)

Do you like ISIS, the band?

• Advertisement

Do you like ISIS, the band?

Do you like bovril on toast?

To answer your question, I have never listened to anything by ISIS, so I don't have an opinion on them. I don't really like metal, although saying that, I do like some Nightwish songs.

Jesus ladies, relax with the handbags.

Jesus ladies, relax with the handbags.

Ya startin'?

maguic24 wrote: »
    Ya startin'?

Fight me at mass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Fight me at mass

I wanta fight your father.

Fight me at mass

It's on biatch. You better start saying your prayers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

i don't think they have been moaning? it's dannyriver that's moaning!

True about the Bandits but not quite correct about me I ve been arguing a point and if I'm really honest ribbing Seachto7 as well.

the bandits have done well and who cares if some people don't get them....people don't get a lot of things....garth brooks sold 240,000 tickets this morning..

That s what I said in my post I ve no problem what so ever with people who dont get them, as you say some people like Garth Brooks, and that s absolutely fine. However If someone wants to get into an argument as to the artistic merits of the Bandits as Seachto7 has done over the years I m open to such debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Just a friendly reminder to all that folks should not take things too far, and not try to wind up others.

A bit of banter or some spirited differences of opinion are fine, but please don't turn this thread into a slanging match.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mod Post: Just a friendly reminder to all that folks should not take things too far, and not try to wind up others.

A bit of banter or some spirited differences of opinion are fine, but please don't turn this thread into a slanging match.

Duly noted :)

Dannyriver wrote: »
    That s what I said in my post I ve no problem what so ever with people who dont get them, as you say some people like Garth Brooks, and that s absolutely fine. However If someone wants to get into an argument as to the artistic merits of the Bandits as Seachto7 has done over the years I m open to such debate.

The artisitic merits of the Bandits are based on your or my opinion. Which doesn't matter. Which is why 99% of music journalism is bullsh*t.

The artisitic merits of the Bandits are based on your or my opinion. Which doesn't matter. Which is why 99% of music journalism is bullsh*t.

I dont understand that statement at all Seachto too many disparate elements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My atitude is based on the copy of the original stuff they did and tbh that was and still is the best stuff they ever did!! Horse outside comes close but nothing will ever beat their original stuff!

They obviously arent as popular in their native city as you would think as they couldnt even sell out a tent on the opening night of the Pig n Porter!! Moving the gig to the much smaller Dolans Venue, so I would rethink your comments there Danny.

They couldn't sell out the pig n porter? Maybe the joke is over for many? Again, that's just my crazy wild and probably very inaccurate opinion, which counts for nothing. But I'll throw it out there anyway. :)

Youngsters are a fickle lot, and will move on to the next trend etc. and so on..

As I mentioned, I think 99% of music journalism is bullsh*t. One person reviews a gig or album, and it's their opinion. Listen to it yourself and make up your own mind, don't read what someone else thinks of it.

• Advertisement

They couldn't sell out the pig n porter? Maybe the joke is over for many? Again, that's just my crazy wild and probably very inaccurate opinion, which counts for nothing. But I'll throw it out there anyway. :)

Youngsters are a fickle lot, and will move on to the next trend etc. and so on..

As I mentioned, I think 99% of music journalism is bullsh*t. One person reviews a gig or album, and it's their opinion. Listen to it yourself and make up your own mind, don't read what someone else thinks of it.

+1.

Which is why 99% of this thread is irrelevant. :/

Mc Love wrote: »
    My atitude is based on the copy of the original stuff they did and tbh that was and still is the best stuff they ever did!! Horse outside comes close but nothing will ever beat their original stuff!

They obviously arent as popular in their native city as you would think as they couldnt even sell out a tent on the opening night of the Pig n Porter!! Moving the gig to the much smaller Dolans Venue, so I would rethink your comments there Danny.

In fairness dude there s life beyond the ents section in the Limerick post though maybe not for you clearly. They are on a month long run in Soho theatre in the west end the first 10 of which are sold out already seriously think about what you are saying before you write it. Pig and porter Jesus wept.

Of course your opinion matters Seachto go handy on yourself. Its certain limerick musicians who are fickle when it comes to success of their peer group, you know it and I know it. Be good but for the love of God don t be successful or Ill have to decide you ve gone up your own hole and then ill have to dismiss everything you do as not as good as the stuff you did before you were famous and therefore also have to dislike you and say your success is only because etc etc you know the drill. That s the motto and it always has been. If me saying this causes an emotional reaction in you then you might be nearer that person than you re denial and rationalisation allow you.

PS I agree with what you say about music journalism but 99% is a bit black and white don t you think? For sure the bigger record companies use music mags as advertising and certain reviewers are complicit, and many music journos are musicians who didn t make it and therefore carry a lot of unconscious anger around, but I still like to read them and the reviewer is often right in my experience, but in this modern age anyone who doesn t check out an album online after reading the review has simply never heard of you tube.

So you're now saying that just because one Limerick act does well, nobody is allowed to dislike them or shock horror, have an opinion, that doesn't involve not liking them, because that's just begrudgery from another musician. Bollox to that.

There are plenty of musicians and bands around town I like. There are plenty of more I don't like. I don't dislike them as people, nor do I hope they fail at what they do. I don't *have* to like them though.

That's also the problem in this town. One big circle jerk. The previous poster is also right I think. Who gives a sh*t about the pig n porter? So, they didn't sell out a tent for a bunch of rugby jocks in a small town in Ireland. I wouldn't be too worried. If they're selling out gigs in London, it's going to be a lot better financially and career wise than playing a tent out in dooradoyle.

I never said they went up their own holes. I said I don't like their stuff, the same as I don't like Little Green Cars, or Cathey Davey or Tuesday Blue, or The Hitchers.

Be successful. But don't expect me to have to come on here with a horn, and be a "yes man". This is what has the town the way it is. Nobody is really prepared to say what they really think around town, because it's too small. In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

Most music reviews are **** though. A lot more of music journalism has turned into PR blurbs. But there's a game to be played, and you're either in or out. I would consider myself very very very cynical.

Dannyriver wrote: »
    In fairness dude there s life beyond the ents section in the Limerick post though maybe not for you clearly. They are on a month long run in Soho theatre in the west end the first 10 of which are sold out already seriously think about what you are saying before you write it. Pig and porter Jesus wept.

In fairness though I dont give a flying fook about the out and about section! I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I said but draw up your own conclusions about what does and doesnt interest me!

Congratulations to them, they obviously have a big following in the UK, the same as Mrs. browns boys (something I will never understand) but all I know is you'd expect them to sell out a venue be it a tent or theatre in their own hometown. Pig n Porter indeed - they agreed to be a part of it and couldnt draw a crowd so they had to move it to a venue that was smaller to make it look like they could draw a crowd and then they kept people waiting until very late - the only plus being that night were the support acts.

And to Seachto - the friday night doesnt usually attract the rugby jocks, as was demonstrated the friday night event the year before when there was an actual funny comedian/singer on stage.

In fairness though I dont give a flying fook about the out and about section! I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I said but draw up your own conclusions about what does and doesnt interest me!

Congratulations to them, they obviously have a big following in the UK, the same as Mrs. browns boys (something I will never understand) but all I know is you'd expect them to sell out a venue be it a tent or theatre in their own hometown. Pig n Porter indeed - they agreed to be a part of it and couldnt draw a crowd so they had to move it to a venue that was smaller to make it look like they could draw a crowd and then they kept people waiting until very late - the only plus being that night were the support acts.

And to Seachto - the friday night doesnt usually attract the rugby jocks, as was demonstrated the friday night event the year before when there was an actual funny comedian/singer on stage.

Go the pig and porter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Everyone needs to chill out, and go rub a dog.

http://www.timeout.com/london/comedy/critics-choice-comedy

I know what you re gonna say 'come back to me when they ve nailed the pig and porter festival' but in fairness its a good start and maybe someday it just might happen for them and they can truly say we drew a crowd at the pig and porter festival. Sure its what dreams are made of so it is.:D

• Advertisement

Wow you've added a link to some critic's piece on the internet, like that proves anything!!

It doesnt matter what you say or do, my opinion is mine own and it wont be changed! The fact is they havent been funny since the old days and for a short while with horse outside but there is only so long you can flog a dead donkey so to speak.

Looking forward to your reply already!

Advertisement