Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits New video ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

christ that was muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that is one catchy tune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That is pretty stupid. And what's with the whole Gabriel Byrne/Dublin accent thing? Talk about missing the point. How is one supposed to lash dat wan out on one's caaa-ar on Childer's Road, like??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jimgoose wrote: »
    That is pretty stupid. And what's with the whole Gabriel Byrne/Dublin accent thing? Talk about missing the point. How is one supposed to lash dat wan out on one's caaa-ar on Childer's Road, like??
    what do you mean by "miss the point"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

what do you mean by "miss the point"

The 'Bandits are of, by, and for Limerick Citaaahhh. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I must just be getting old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Its like a lot of what they do..clever...just not particularly funny really

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dannyriver2

vkid wrote: »
    Its like a lot of what they do..clever...just not particularly funny really

Decided to come on to see the reaction to the new Bandit's song couldn t for the life of me remember my password...anyway...I see little has changed ...

Successful comedians like Stephen Fry and Russel Brand are keen to differ with you there vkid, but then what would they know about comedy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Danny ...you really should accept the fact that some people just do not find this stuff funny. Russell brand or Stephen Fry's opinions won't change that. Their opinions are completely irrelevant to me to be honest.

If I cared what other people liked or what is popular I'd be listening to One Direction and watching Coronation street.

Nice to see you had to register another account to have another go.. But you won't change my mind. The best I can say about their schtick is that is clever..which I have done. For me.. Its just not funny and no amount of reviews, tweets or fanboy internet crusades will change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Decided to come on to see the reaction to the new Bandit's song couldn t for the life of me remember my password...anyway...I see little has changed ...

Successful comedians like Stephen Fry and Russel Brand are keen to differ with you there vkid, but then what would they know about comedy?

So just because Fry and Brand like it, the rest of us are supposed to as well?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Its utter rubbish imho

seachto7 wrote: »
    So just because Fry and Brand like it, the rest of us are supposed to as well?:confused:

I didn t say you should like it, I just pointed out that Stephen Fry and Russel Brand took the time out to tweet about the Bandits...some going for 2 local boys who some people on here see as talentless chancers.. surely you ll agree that much ....you can like whatever you want that s your own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If the Rubberbandits brought out Rebecca Black's "Friday" this guy would be on here proclaiming it genius!

I like the song fwiw. Has a Family Guy number feel to it. It's a bit of light-hearted banterous fun with a message. Not biting satire like some of their other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

These guys are terrible, truly awful. And it's not that I find any of it offensive or anything. It just simply isn't funny, these lads are completely talentless when it comes to comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Macavity. wrote: »
    These guys are terrible, truly awful. And it's not that I find any of it offensive or anything. It just simply isn't funny, these lads are completely talentless when it comes to comedy.

There's an alarm going off in Dannyriver's computer right now! :p Jk

magma69 wrote: »
    If the Rubberbandits brought out Rebecca Black's "Friday" this guy would be on here proclaiming it genius!

I like the song fwiw. Has a Family Guy number feel to it. It's a bit of light-hearted banterous fun with a message. Not biting satire like some of their other stuff.

I agree it wouldn t be one of my favourites [hard to top Spastic hawk] of theirs but they needed to release something to promote their Edinburgh show and its certainly doing the trick as they ve been sold out so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

In your opinion..

I don't get why some are ranting on about how bad/good/average they are, its like listening to a discussion about boybands in a playground.

They're working, they have an audience, fair play to them. Anyone who can make a living doing what they enjoy doing deserves to be given credit, regardless of your opinions of their art.

Xennon wrote: »
    In your opinion..

I don't get why some are ranting on about how bad/good/average they are, its like listening to a discussion about boybands in a playground.

They are performers, people are entitled to criticize them as they so please, in the same way that you are allowed to applaud them.

They're working, they have an audience, fair play to them. Anyone who can make a living doing what they enjoy doing deserves to be given credit, regardless of your opinions of their art.

So... fair play to them because they are working? Okay, righteo. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

So... fair play to them because they are working? Okay, rigthteo.

Yes, if they are working at their art then they have an audience for what they do, regardless of what you or I think.

My point is that stating something like
    is a bit like calling a painter rubbish because you don't agree with their delivery of their art.

Calling them terrible, awful, talentless considering the success they've had so far reflects more on you than them tbh.

BTW, I've no interest at all in them, but I dont think its fair to bash them just because you're not 'into' them.

I'm entitled to criticize their performances. Maybe in your ideal world we would not criticize entertainers at all, but that is not a world I would like to live in. As for your comment regarding them having an audience, this audience is a very small minority.
    Calling them terrible, awful, talentless considering the success they've had so far reflects more on you than them tbh.

It really doesn't tbh. There are numerous examples of performers who were talentless who did quite well for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I'm entitled to criticize their performances. Maybe in your ideal world we would not criticize entertainers at all, but that is not a world I would like to live in. As for your comment regarding them having an audience, this audience is a very small minority.

It really doesn't tbh. There are numerous examples of performers who were talentless who did quite well for themselves.

Name one talentless performer who "did quite well". Your posts stink of jealousy and begrdugery.

Name one talentless performer who "did quite well".

Anal Cunt, off the top of my head.
    Your posts stink of jealousy and begrdugery.

They really don't, but that's an easy way for you to undermine me without putting together any reasonable or valid argument.

They really don't, but that's an easy way for you to undermine me without putting together any reasonable argument.

Just because you don't like their act doesn't make them talentless, it makes you close minded.

Just because you don't like their act doesn't make them talentless, it makes you close minded.

No it doesn't. Calling me "close minded" is just another one of your pathetic attempts to put me down because you have no valid counter argument.

No it doesn't. Calling me "close minded" is just another one of your pathetic attempts to put me down because you have no valid counter argument.

Not at all I'm afraid.

They have found their audience, they are exceptionally successful at what they do and *shock horror* are incredibly talented AT WHAT THEY DO.

Do you not think it takes talent to make the music for the recent song? How about making the puppet in the video? I ask because they did both of those things.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a reply to that.

You're right they are amazing. Bob Dylan watch out.

Do you not think it takes talent to make the music for the recent song? How about making the puppet in the video? I ask because they did both of those things.

FWIW, no, I don't think it takes a huge degree of talent if I'm honest.

FWIW, no, I don't think it takes a huge degree of talent if I'm honest.

So it's your opinion? You probably should have just stated that from the off.

And i challenge you to make a working puppet in the image of Gabriel Byrne, if it doesn't take talent then surely you'll have no problem doing it, right?

• Advertisement

So it's your opinion? You probably should have just stated that from the off.

Who else's opinion would it be? Do you think I post on behalf of someone else or something? :confused:

Advertisement