Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits New video ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im worried about how many people here know the regulars from the "roads"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Melion wrote: »
    Im worried about how many people here know the regulars from the "roads"

I was a regular in the 'Roads from '79 until about '98 or so. Must pay a visit back one evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

Mr. K wrote: »
    Big improvement on Spastic Hawk!

I really liked Spastic Hawk... the music reminds me a little bit of Suicide and the music on the seminal LP '1977'... the video could have been darker imho.. A lot different to Horse Outside... thankfully so... I like the desciption 'serious comedians..'.. behind the plastic bags theres plenty of thought going on.. and maybe a few old dunnes receipts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLJoXpKo4U&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXfnbv1FMIItL-5xrHvMOP-k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I just had to urge to proclaim
    fly away spastic Hawk
    fly away spastic ha-a-a-wk

It is hilarious though all the people who are expecting this to be conventional humour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was a regular in the 'Roads from '79 until about '98 or so. Must pay a visit back one evening.

Its all been renovated apparently. Im living in Shannon 27 years and ive been in there once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Coming late to the thread so apologies If I am jumping back a bit, but I cannot believe the number of begrudgers on here and I am not even from their demographic (under 25's as one begrudger pointed out) . In truth if that is their demographic even my children are too old !

But the truth is truly creative artists have no demographic except that of discernment and good taste :). These guys are just brilliant and true originals and I am glad (just to be parochial for a minute) they are from my city.

I saw the same hatchet job being done on The Cranberries.If you don't like them just fcuk off , there are plenty other acts to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

marienbad wrote: »
    Coming late to the thread so apologies If I am jumping back a bit, but I cannot believe the number of begrudgers on here and I am not even from their demographic (under 25's as one begrudger pointed out) . In truth if that is their demographic even my children are too old !

But the truth is truly creative artists have no demographic except that of discernment and good taste :). These guys are just brilliant and true originals and I am glad (just to be parochial for a minute) they are from my city.

I saw the same hatchet job being done on The Cranberries.If you don't like them just fcuk off , there are plenty other acts to follow.

Get off your bloody high horse. So, just because they are from Limerick, I'm not allowed to say they are sh*t or I don't like them? Boll*x.

Anyone that doesn't tow the line and run up in their holes is seen as a "begrudger"?
    I'm sick of this in Limerick. Nobody seems to be able to say anything about Limerick without being called a begrudger. The 'bandits deserve their success, I just don't think it's funny anymore, just my opinion, and not begrudgery.
    The Cranberries just got sh*t and nobody cared about them anymore...They were good at one stage.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

seachto7 wrote: »
    Get off your bloody high horse. So, just because they are from Limerick, I'm not allowed to say they are sh*t or I don't like them? Boll*x.

Anyone that doesn't tow the line and run up in their holes is seen as a "begrudger"?
    I'm sick of this in Limerick. Nobody seems to be able to say anything about Limerick without being called a begrudger. The 'bandits deserve their success, I just don't think it's funny anymore, just my opinion, and not begrudgery.
    The Cranberries just got sh*t and nobody cared about them anymore...They were good at one stage.....

never said they were talking about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Never was on a high horse ,I left him outside, and nothing to do with Limerick at all , they are brilliant irrespective of where they come from, that is the thing about quality stuff - it transcends the local .

And of course you can say what you like , I have just found it curious that people spend so much effort talking down their dislikes instead of talling up their likes. Why bother ?

And just on the Cranberries , there was a cadre of Dublin media the stuck it to them from day 1 and persisted with it throughout their career and it was just pure bile that a provincial band had more or less skipped over them and made it big internationally -unforgivable of them really (The Cranberries I mean).

The Dublin media had nothing got to do with their songwriting though, but yeah, I agree with you on that.

IMO, as I said before, it was the "Limerickisms" in their songs that made it for me, such as calling someone a gowl, "I know your fadder, my fadder's dead" etc etc and so on. A pity they couldn't introduce those slags to the wider world. rock and a hard place I guess......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The Dublin media had nothing got to do with their songwriting though, but yeah, I agree with you on that.

IMO, as I said before, it was the "Limerickisms" in their songs that made it for me, such as calling someone a gowl, "I know your fadder, my fadder's dead" etc etc and so on. A pity they couldn't introduce those slags to the wider world. rock and a hard place I guess......

Yurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

syklops wrote: »
    Yurt!

Kilmallock man by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Kilmallock man by any chance?

Surprisingly, no.

Was asking because thats a word i've only heard from people from there. I've no idea what it even means :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was asking because thats a word i've only heard from people from there. I've no idea what it even means :D
    as much as i love the bandits...i have no idea what yurt means...does it mean anything>???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yurt

Actually gets used a lot in parts of the UK, where it has a few meanings, some positive as in the link, and a few derogatory.

"yurt" is just used to get someons attention, same as "Look!"

It isnt the slightest bit derogatory - I think anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"I know your fadder" wasnt a limerickism...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

But it was used by a Limerick-ism (alot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Big in the city too, we'd use it plenty. Just a general affirmative utterance, akin to 'daycent' or 'purerapidhubcapsboi'.

• Advertisement

The bandits have me ruined. Whenever i read see limerick slang written down i hear their voice in my head. Shower of gowls boi. Haaaandicaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Big in the city too, we'd use it plenty. Just a general affirmative utterance, akin to 'daycent' or 'purerapidhubcapsboi'.

Is it a recent thing?
    Was living in the city up to a couple of years ago and not once can i ever remember hearing anyone use Yurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think the song's great, I actually disliked horse outside though. The video really suits it. It's hilarious seeing the D4 guy's reaction to the book and the conduct of the author. It's also very funny when they show the insults of the other hawks.

Here is the link to their second C4 video:
    http://comedyblaps.channel4.com/#/alarmclock

Thought it was pretty good. Funny in parts. Very easy to watch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    Here is the link to their second C4 video:
    http://comedyblaps.channel4.com/#/alarmclock

Thought it was pretty good. Funny in parts. Very easy to watch.

Six minutes in is absolute gold.

I thought it was funny when
    he said if the alarm goes off he is going to hit him in the head with the hammer.

I love when they are driving their dyna or is it a hiace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Mc Love wrote: »

I love when they are driving their dyna or is it a hiace?

Those scenes remind me of the Mighty Boosh.

What´s with the really bad Limerick accents????? don´t think the sketch show thing is working.........

What´s with the really bad Limerick accents????? don´t think the sketch show thing is working.........

I assume they had to soften the accent to make sure the brits could understand them.

• Advertisement

fail

Advertisement