Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubberbandits New video ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Another local (Sort of) talent, I have seen his other videos, but this latest one cracks me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i just heard spoiling ivan...holy f**...

it's totally innocent on one hand....but on the other....!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

i just heard spoiling ivan...holy f**...

it's totally innocent on one hand....but on the other....!!

Wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Definitely a better effort than Spastic Hawk for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ray D'Arcy said this morning that 'Serious About Men' is the most per-ordered album in Irish history. That's a pretty good achievement if you ask me.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy said this morning that 'Serious About Men' is the most per-ordered album in Irish history. That's a pretty good achievement if you ask me.
    History is only about 5 years though? still cool. fair play..looking forward to getting my hands on it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

History is only about 5 years though? still cool. fair play..looking forward to getting my hands on it tomorrow

He didn't actually specify that the pre-orders where downloads just that it was the most pre-ordered irish album of all time so I take it he meant it covered both, but your Prob right.

anyone have a link to spoiling ivan?

Mc Love wrote: »
    anyone have a link to spoiling ivan?
    Todayfm..ray Darcy...listen back...thursday..part 2...

Have to say ..been thinkin about Spoiling ivan a lot..can't wait to hear the joe duffy brigade make fools of themselves over this one. Clever song.

• Advertisement

I wasn't crazy about spoiling ivan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Spoiling Ivan is genius, so so deliberate too. "Its my little teddy bear!"

We've all seen these friendships in certain areas of Limerick too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Has anyone picked up a physical copy of this yet? & if so, where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I saw it just inside the door in HMV on Cruises St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Has just gotten into the top ten on itunes Ireland. Is at number 7 atm.

Todayfm..ray Darcy...listen back...thursday..part 2...

Thanking you :D

Haha they are hilarious, would be class if they have their own radio show.

Bon-no :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

http://comedyblaps.channel4.com/#/ivan

New one up today, video for Spoiling Ivan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Music Video for Spoiling Ivan is up. Locations include Unigolf, and Nancys outback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

zuroph wrote: »

Music Video for Spoiling Ivan is up. Locations include Unigolf, and Nancys outback.

And Scumgeely Flats in Shannon ;)

• Advertisement

Not mad about it

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not mad about it

Its a very different tack from "Horse" and "Hawk". I'm a bit uncomfortable watching the video in work actually. Its a bit creepy. "knock knock, whos there, its my little teddy bear". Err.... I'm not sure I'd be comfortable singing along to that on my ipod on the way into work.

I just hope doing this Channel 4 comedy blaps isnt toning them down too much. Its like looking at a music career in reverse. Everything from production style to material.

Its gone from Horse out side to the one where the granddad catches his pubes in the alarm clock to this song about spoiling a little boy.

Maybe its meant to be cringe inducing? Maybe thats the joke? I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

syklops wrote: »
    Its a very different tack from "Horse" and "Hawk". I'm a bit uncomfortable watching the video in work actually. Its a bit creepy. "knock knock, whos there, its my little teddy bear". Err.... I'm not sure I'd be comfortable singing along to that on my ipod on the way into work.

I just hope doing this Channel 4 comedy blaps isnt toning them down too much. Its like looking at a music career in reverse. Everything from production style to material.

Its gone from Horse out side to the one where the granddad catches his pubes in the alarm clock to this song about spoiling a little boy.

Maybe its meant to be cringe inducing? Maybe thats the joke? I'm not sure.

I agree with you. I wonder if they had started out doing exactly what they are doing now, songwise, would they still be around......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

It's a really good tune. I think they are just managing to find the middle ground between ridiculous and funny lyrical content, a serious point being masked by the comedy of their lyrics and really good catchy music.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think the song is supposed to sound dodgy/ make you feel uncomfortable. Sure they're singing about taking a little boy from a park, giving him a balloon and some sweets and wanting to get drunk with him! If that doesn't get your attention, what will? :pac:

I'll have to watch the video again, but it was kinda cool to see a few local names in the credits at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

seachto7 wrote: »
    I agree with you. I wonder if they had started out doing exactly what they are doing now, songwise, would they still be around......

They started out about 10 years ago doing prank phone calls, then they started doing music in the last few years only making it big in the last year. Getting where they are now took a lot of work and some very dubious material.

Great effort, much better than Spastic Hawk for me

leakyboots wrote: »
    Great effort, much better than Spastic Hawk for me

What is it you like about it?

I like the line regarding the parents heroin. I think it turns the song on its head.

• Advertisement

The twist in the narrative, quirky lyrics, how there's a long, sustained build up to the new chorus, the dark, macabre and just pure dodgy nature of the storyline put on top of such a basic and child-like melody. They've a very talented musical production behind them, the music that accompanies the humour is fantastic. In this case, it sticks in the head - I ended up humming it for days after only seeing it a couple of times. So much so I'll probably be sick of it in a month if I heard it repeatedly.

But it's a quality effort compared to Spastic Hawk - which, for me anyway isin't in the same league. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good without the accompanying video (which is brilliant).

If we're talking about the album and the relative merits of these two audio tracks, Spoiling Ivan/Nigel is better.

That's my take anyway, each to their own and that

Advertisement