Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mic Christopher Night - Vicar Street, 29th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I just picked up my ticket, can't wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Just looking at tickets for this. Whats the difference between "attendee accessible seating" and "accessible seating"?

Is all seating upstairs I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

No great chatter about this gig - coming up tomorrow night and I'm stoked - love Mic's music, and it looks like it'll be a special night...
    Loads of guests- looks like Damien Rice, Lisa Hannigan & Gemma Hayes will be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

It's going to be fantastic, and a long gig too. They got a bar extension apparently (For the after party only I think though) This is from Claire, The Frames manager. The bands/artists that are going to be there.

mary janes and mundy, gemma, lisa, ronan, glen, matthew pale, acko, eoin glacklin will be opening the proceedings (hope the uk strikes mean everyone can get here ok!!), with frames and loads more folks taking over the events after the 'support' act..lots of really special guests coming along to sing and be a part of the night. there are actually still about 100 tickets left. i think people think its sold out already...much love. cx

Well worth Watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Loads of guests- looks like Damien Rice, Lisa Hannigan & Gemma Hayes will be there :)

Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan in the same room? :eek:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

niallo24 wrote: »
    Just looking at tickets for this. Whats the difference between "attendee accessible seating" and "accessible seating"?

Is all seating upstairs I take it?

Is that not wheelchair seating? :confused:

My full predictions for singers/bands tonight are

Mary Janes
    The Frames
    Mundy
    Gemma Hayes
    Lisa Hannigan
    Ronan O. S. (Kíla)
    Damien Rice
    Liam O'Maonlai
    Maria Doyle Kennedy
    Bronagh Gallagher
    Matthew Pale
    Paddy Casey
    Eoin Glackin
    Mark Geary
    Matthew Devereux from the Pale
    Interference
    acko (I don't know who he is, just seen his name mentioned on the Frames site)
    A few others maybe? ...

Pretty much most of the Irish music scene of that time. :) Should be a cracking gig, I can not wait!

I'd be very surprised if Damien Rice turned up.

4 Hours and 25 minutes of pure magic, Everything I wanted and more. Mike Scott, Paul Brady, Scullion to name but a few. Unbelievable!! :D

CiaranK wrote: »
    4 Hours and 25 minutes of pure magic, Everything I wanted and more. Mike Scott, Paul Brady, Scullion to name but a few. Unbelievable!! :D

Did Damo Rice drop by?

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Did Damo Rice drop by?

No he didn't which I though was surprising because he knew Mic, Either did Lisa Hannigan, again surprised me because they were very close.

No he didn't which I though was surprising because he knew Mic, Either did Lisa Hannigan, again surprised me because they were very close.

Lisa Hannigan is on tour in the UK isn't she?

Here is pretty much the full setlist, probably one or two missing though.

Party Game - Glen and MJs
    Sham - Eoin Glackin and MJs
    Bored of their Laughter - Philip Marshall and MJs
    Cut Me Loose - Matthew Devereux and MJs
    Colm Mac Con Iomaire + 2 Others [Concertina and Uillean Pipes] - Jigs
    Pete Courtney and MJs
    Eoin Dillon
    Scullion – John The Baptist [With Poem intro, Everything is going to be alright]
    Scullion – Eyelids Into The Snow
    Mark Geary and The Frames
    Mike Scott and The Frames – This Is The Sea
    Mike Scott and The Frames – Fishermans Blues
    Peter Murphy
    Ken O'Neill
    [Don't know First name] Roche and her Son
    Kids, Interference, Mundy, The Frames – Kids Song
    Interference and The Frames – Breakout
    Interference and The Frames - Gold
    Claire Nicholson - Centurion
    Nina Hynes - Curious Notion
    Miriam Ingram - Who Knows Where The Time Goes
    Glen Hansard and Matthew Devereux - Listen Girl
    Paul Brady - Hard Station
    Paul Brady – Arthur McBride
    Poem – ‘He’s a true one fardadadididdle, He’s A True one and I tell you...’
    Mundy and MJs – Winesong
    Mundy and MJs – Lyin’ Down
    Tony Fitz and MJs – Part Of Me
    Aimee Christopher and MJs - Bones
    Jerry Fish - Story Of An Artist
    Jerry Fish – True Friends
    Acko, Swanny and The Frames - Healing has Begun
    Canice Keanely and The Frames - The One I Love
    Paddy Casey, The Frames and MJs - Friends
    The Coronas and everyone else – Heyday
    Skylarkin – The Frames and Matthew Devereux
    The Frames, Matthew Devereux, Kids, Acko, Someone From Crowd - You Ain’t Goin Nowhere
    Harry Christopher and The Frames – Wooden Heart
    Harry Christopher and The Frames – Suspicious Minds
    Liam O Maonlai and everyone one – Forever Young

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What an unbelievable gig, knew it was going to be a special night but that surpassed all expectations. Never been to a gig that lasted that long but not once did I wish it would end so I could sit down, every single moment was pure magic.

It was like been at the greatest funeral session ever (10 years later).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lisa is in England to the best of my knowledge.

Ami was great tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Donegal09

Absolutely amazing gig.. I was very young when Mic died and i hadnt really heard of him until recently but ever since ive been listening to his songs day in day out. Lastnight is by far the best show i have ever attended and its gonna be very hard to beat ! Fair play to all the artists who played, and fair play to Glen for putting all together.

Advertisement