Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know when the LC appeal results are out?

• 05-10-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

last year it was the 12th - but someone else said the 6th?

Anyone have any idea? I need to know before the 12th/13th as the transfer date in tcd closes on the 14th....

Thanks if any of you guys know anything :) -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

kate.m wrote: »
    last year it was the 12th - but someone else said the 6th?

Anyone have any idea? I need to know before the 12th/13th as the transfer date in tcd closes on the 14th....

Thanks if any of you guys know anything :) -

I'd also like to know this.

Also, do they post them to your school or house or what's the story? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jumpguy sent an email to them and they said they'd be out on the week of October 10th. They send them to the school (they did last year anyways).

Do you have to go to the school to get them or do the school post them out to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

I heard it was the 12th (Wednesday). Its so annoying not knowing!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Nothing today... maybe tomorrow !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hope you get what you want. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Nothing today... maybe tomorrow !

The results were in schools today. If you don't have your exam number and pin, ring your school in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bamhaithliom

When I log into my results online it still says "Statement of Provisional Results" - does this include my appeals??

• Advertisement

I still haven't got mine! I forgot my pin but I'm presuming the school will post them out soon enough yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Baybay

My daughter's school telephoned home yesterday afternoon with the result of her recheck. Maybe you could try ringing your school if you've misplaced the necessary PIN.

I understand they will also be posted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I rang my school and they told me the results, and sent them to me too.

Neither of mine went up, and I was so sure DCG would!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

My maths went up to an A2, meaning I'd have been fine anyway, not that it matters now. :)

No luck here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

No luck here :(
    Snap :( I looked up the SEC website last night, and nothing is different so I guess it hasn't changed :(. I am so disappointed, I was really hoping that my Irish would be upgraded, as I only got a D1, and I want to do primary school teaching. I didnt need it for points or anything as I am in arts now, but I didnt get the points for primary teaching anyway, but I really don't like irish so I didn't want to do it as part of my arts, not sure what to do now :confused:

Sorry to hear that ....Would you consider re sitting irish , just to tick that box and have the C whenever you might need it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

If we log into examinations.ie with our exam number and PIN and nothing has changed in our results, does that mean that the appeal has been unsuccessful? I'm out of the country now so can't go to my school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Snap :( I looked up the SEC website last night, and nothing is different so I guess it hasn't changed :(. I am so disappointed, I was really hoping that my Irish would be upgraded, as I only got a D1, and I want to do primary school teaching. I didnt need it for points or anything as I am in arts now, but I didnt get the points for primary teaching anyway, but I really don't like irish so I didn't want to do it as part of my arts, not sure what to do now :confused:

To be honest, if you don't like Irish, please reconsider primary teaching. You will be responsible for the attitude to Irish of hundreds of children. They will pick up very quickly that you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Sorry to hear that ....Would you consider re sitting irish , just to tick that box and have the C whenever you might need it ?

I can repeat the Irish but the course changed this year so it is completely different to when I did it in June. And I need a C3 in Irish or equilvant to get into primary teaching.

spurious wrote: »
    To be honest, if you don't like Irish, please reconsider primary teaching. You will be responsible for the attitude to Irish of hundreds of children. They will pick up very quickly that you don't like it.

I think Irish is ok, but I dont like the way we have to learn it, for leaving cert we had to learn about poems and stories which we would never need to use again, and so far in college it is still pretty similar. Also when I was in primary school we never got a good grounding in Irish which has left me at a disadvantage trying to learn it at leaving cert because I never had the basics. :mad: And if I ever become a primary school teacher I want to ensure the children get a great grounding in Irish so they would never be let trying to learn the laguage without the basics, which they should be taught from their teacher. :) And anyway the irish taught in primary schools is pretty basic from where I am learning it now. :cool:

Advertisement