Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student vandalism

Options
  • 05-10-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

To the gang of lads who attempted to smash the traffic lights outside of Milford Church the other night, its only a pity yer man (presumably a resident) didn't catch you.
    Try and remember its bell-ends like you that give students a bad name with the locals. No wonder they're giving out. Nice job done with the tree on the green in Milford Grange too. Why the hell would anyone want to chop it down?

FFS grow up, stop destroying the place and show a bit of respect. You're SUPPOSED to be intelligent. But instead you are a disgrace to UL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

To the gang of lads who attempted to smash the traffic lights outside of Milford Church the other night, its only a pity yer man (presumably a resident) didn't catch you.
    Try and remember its bell-ends like you that give students a bad name with the locals. No wonder they're giving out. Nice job done with the tree on the green in Milford Grange too. Why the hell would anyone want to chop it down?

FFS grow up, stop destroying the place and show a bit of respect. You're SUPPOSED to be intelligent. But instead you are a disgrace to UL.

I'm sure they will receive your correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

TheTownie wrote: »
    I'm sure they will receive your correspondence.

With all due respect, seen2Bgreen, there is a very low probability that the culprits will be on Boards. I agree with you though, what they're doing is childish and immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Wouldn't be surprised if that scut on boards who admitted glueing the doors was involved aswell...

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if that scut on boards who admitted glueing the doors was involved aswell...

That was Dromroe, not Milford.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Scumbags like that go in search of trouble, it wouldn't surprise me if he was wondering the streets looking to cause some sort of a ruckus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

Well Townie you're probably right but at the same time you'd never know. At least if others read it they might be reminded not to act like idiots in a residential area where kids, families and fellow students are trying to sleep.
    You should have seen the fella tearing down the road after the students. I thought they had robbed him! He passed me on the way back on the phone to the cops, and he was raging. I would have loved to have seen what would have happened if he caught one of them. It would have made an interesting end to the night after a few pints in the Kilmurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Obvious question but, how do you know they're students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

are you actually for real? You actually think that guy was telling the truth. You are deluded.

are you actually for real? You actually think that guy was telling the truth. You are deluded.

Oh, was he joking? I was a bit unsure myself.

Yeah students for sure. I could see them myself. Pity. Why would anyone want to smash traffic lights though, and outside a primary school where kids have to cross the road as well? These guys are idiots. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Scumbags like that go in search of trouble, it wouldn't surprise me if he was wondering the streets looking to cause some sort of a ruckus.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    hide yo kids hide yo wives, they vandalising everyone

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Oh, was he joking? I was a bit unsure myself.

in fairness, what are the chances an individual experiences an act of vandalism and within 24hrs of announcing that vandalism on a public message board, the perpetrator of that vandalism admits to it on the same forum? limerick and ireland are a small place but not that small.

Sid, the chances are slim to none but in fairness a lot of UL students read Boards so hopefully the ones with some bit of cop on might think twice before doing stuff that damages the community. Just because we take a drink doesn't mean we have to roar at the top of our lungs at all hours coming through Elm Pk or MG, or start breaking stuff. I just don't see the point in acting like an ass and smashing stuff thats there for everyone's benefit; I tell you this, I'd belt my pals if I caught them vandalising anything.

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

lads i did the vandalism in dromroe but didnt do anything in milford grange you have my word

go on out of that ya waffler, you were probably playing world of warcraft in your underwear in your parents box room at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

go on out of that ya waffler, you were probably playing world of warcraft in your underwear in your parents box room at the time.
    What wrong with WOW?

what's right with it buddy, can't wait for stars wars old republic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

what's right with it buddy, can't wait for stars wars old republic
    That going to be so good
    on topic you should see the Cedars in birefirld after a night out bins allover the place and broken glass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The Cedars is brilliant. Complete anarchy.

I was about to help out a lad lift a neighbour's car last semester during RAG week, the guy had parked in his driveway and wouldn't move it.

By the time we came out though, the neighbour had given in :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Thats sickeningly discomforting living IN Brierfield... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

CiaranMT wrote: »
    The Cedars is brilliant. Complete anarchy.

I was about to help out a lad lift a neighbour's car last semester during RAG week, the guy had parked in his driveway and wouldn't move it.

By the time we came out though, the neighbour had given in :p

Cedars was an ALMIGHTY ****ehole to live in! Our neighbours had their cars towed as they parked across the road and set fires, then hacked down trees to burn as firewood.....spastics

I heard that the lads who cut the tree down in MG have been brought to the UL disciplinary committee. Proper order (if its true), and they should face charges from the cops aswell. Not sure that the dis. committee is worth much though, but they should make an example of these guys if they can.

I heard that the lads who cut the tree down in MG have been brought to the UL disciplinary committee. Proper order (if its true), and they should face charges from the cops aswell. Not sure that the dis. committee is worth much though, but they should make an example of these guys if they can.

Sat on academic discipline, punishments can be severe enuf like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Is it really that unbelievable that someone who's enough of an idiot to glue a doorlock would be stupid enough to admit to it on a public forum? Why joke about it anyway? I didn't see any sarcasm in his post.

yes it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Now nobody would complain if those same students broke the traffic lights at the Ballysimon N24/M7 junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

i apologised for the vandalism lads please can we let that be the last of it!

i apologised for the vandalism lads please can we let that be the last of it!

Yeah, guys, let's try and stay on topic here.

• Advertisement

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Yeah, guys, let's try and stay on topic here.

Agreed.

Would it be considered on-topic to theorise regarding measures to cut down on vandalism and reprecussions?

I believe that one should be careful if one sees someone commit an act of vandalism, perhaps not go over and ask them what they think they're doing, but approach security. Should an all student email be sent regarding this? Has the university a facebook page to use to send a similar update or link?

It is also my belief that anyone caught committing vandalism should be sent forward for a disciplinary committee hearing. Furthermore where the offence takes place off-campus, the local community garda should be notified, so that 1, the local community can see that the university takes misbehaviour by students (and potentially staff) very seriously and 2, the students realise that this isn't just some 'note home from the principal', which imho some believe it to be.

Thoughts?

Advertisement