Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student vandalism

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

freyners wrote: »
    have to say im really surprised that students were drinking in their, defo out of character for 99% of students, knacker drinking is for teens mainly

saying that there are idiots in every group of people

I think the halloween weekend was an exception because so many (hundreds it seemed) were refused by Lodge due to overcapacity/ drunkenness and there were two few willing taxis to bring them townwards.

Obviously students themselves had the insight to recognise these crowds of people would only wreck a house if they were invited back for a party so it appears the graveyard was the only place left to congregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Constantg sounds like a Fianna Failer i.e can't take responsibility and blaming someone else!

Constang lives in the world that he doesn't say things he can't back up......unlike other posters.

And I'm about as far from FF as you can get seen. I'm actually a Labour voter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

constantg wrote: »
    Constang lives in the world that he doesn't say things he can't back up......unlike other posters.

I'm sure constantg caused more than his fair share of drunken hooliganism over the years!!!!!!! :P
    WE;ve all done it lads, cut the kids some slack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Back up your statement that they were not UL student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ULChieftain

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I don't see any reason to believe that they couldn't possibly have been UL students. Seems perfectly likely to me seeing as tons of them live in the area.

There is a hospice beside UL, and a retirement village, plenty of old people so they must have done it. I think I see a hole in that logic :rolleyes:

Secondary school students live in that area too I believe. An older sibling equals drink with no where to drink it. Also in my secondary school most people could drive before college. They used to go around egging people and cause the most problems. I imagine it's the same here, the secondary school students can drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ULChieftain

Jester252 wrote: »
    Back up your statement that they were not UL student

I believe you have to prove they were UL students. Innocent until proven guilty. You don't need to prove innocence but you do need to prove guilt. Something which the last pages of this thread hasn't done except blame students.

You can't blame students for everything that goes on in the area, I actually know a few people who aren't in college but live in the area and they aren't exactly the nicest people on a night out.

I do admit it's probably very likely they were college students but with so many other things in the area, you can't say it with 100% certainty unless you had proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I believe you have to prove they were UL students. Innocent until proven guilty. You don't need to prove innocence but you do need to prove guilt. Something which the last pages of this thread hasn't done except blame students.

You can't blame students for everything that goes on in the area, I actually know a few people who aren't in college but live in the area and they aren't exactly the nicest people on a night out.

I do admit it's probably very likely they were college students but with so many other things in the area, you can't say it with 100% certainty unless you had proof.
    I did walk past the group and as I say before I heard different accents. I know that this is not good evidence but it is the best I have. As I was the only person here to see the action first hand I do think that I have the best position to give an opinion on who I think was involved. I did not check for UL i.d cards at all as it was a large group and only one of me

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

Chieftain I'm not going to blame students unless I know its them that are causing the trouble. Just the same as I would give them credit for the good work that many of them do.
    But you can rest assued that 99% of the damage that is done in the estates is caused by UL students on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights, during term time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bibbels

I've lived here for a good while now, at least 3 years, and every year it's gotten progressively worse, people seem to forget that these are residential areas and what few remaining residents are here talk, and talk loudly. I get work from these people and for most of them being the only student known by face or name am usually at the receiving end of a lot of ear chewing for the trouble students are causing, and I know for a fact are students because I have lectures or am in clubs and societies with these people.

At first I thought they were honestly just exaggerating but after having guys tearing each other apart outside a house I was babysitting at, and smashing bottles off of cars and houses (usually those of already alarmed and disgruntled residents) I can see where they're coming from. Especially since this year I ended up having to tape up my letter box because some complete nut job thought it'd be funny to put a firework into the letter box and light it. Not to mention having to deal with a crying 8 year old whose window got done in by a sliotar, which would have been forgiveable if not for the fact that the idiots that did it began swearing at the woman when she came out of the house.
    University of Limerick can't keep brushing these things off by saying it's off campus unless they can legitimately say that they can provide on campus accommodation for EVERY UL student and do their utmost to ensure that students remain ON campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭brucechan

perhaps its not quite vandalism but i saw two male students (students for sure) kicking over 3 wheelie bins in elm park last night. probably trying to impress the one in the skirt that was with them. pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Minowaman

My apartment keeps getting egged in Dromroe. Just saw the people doing it now. They are on the balcony below the one with the Ireland flag if anyone's wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

record them on your phone and call the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

The flat under the one with the green o2 flag.? pretty sure those are the guys that shout abuse at passers-by too. gob****es

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    The flat under the one with the green o2 flag.? pretty sure those are the guys that shout abuse at passers-by too. gob****es

How good is your aim? paint bomb or eggs, idiots only respond to one type of action...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

How good is your aim? paint bomb or eggs, idiots only respond to one type of action...

Encouraging student vandalism now are ya?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Minowaman wrote: »
    My apartment keeps getting egged in Dromroe. Just saw the people doing it now. They are on the balcony below the one with the Ireland flag if anyone's wondering.

Report them to village manager. This isn't fu*king secondary school. If you can afford 4 and a half grand to live here, you should be bloody mature enough not to be a complete prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Encouraging student vandalism now are ya?? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's not the way to go down at all. Either report them to the Village Manager or let Campus Security know. Just don't do the same yourself. If you do and you get caught, you'll be the one to blame, not them.

Advertisement