Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to watch the rugby on Saturday morning?

• 05-10-2011 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows any pubs that are showing the Ireland match on Saturday morning? Enjoyed having breakfast early in Dublin last week for the Italy game so hoping to do the same in Waterford this weekend for the Wales match.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Probably the same places as the last two threads ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

There's a few places that opened in the past few weeks that I heard are not opening this weekend.

Really? Where?

Im not sure which places are closed/open for sure.. Thats the info Im after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd imagine the Uluru will be open. They have been open for breakfast for every game so far. Be good atmosphere too. Also, my house :)

• Advertisement

And the three shippes

Uluru have a post on their facebook that if they get enough interest there they'll run with it. Its a very early start this time (6:30am!) so Id imagine pubs are being careful not to lose a fortune stocking up on loads of food and bringing in staff only for 5 or 10 people to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I heard the Three Shippes wasn't opening on Saturday am.

I'd guess a few more might not open this time because the match is so early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Uluru, Cove, Becketts and Three Ships all closed so might not be looking good for anyOne who wanted to go out and watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

people keep a look out we need a bar in the city for the game. if anyone hears anything please let us know:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Just got a text from revolution saying "open for breakfast and rugby tomo morning from 6am" ya just need to to book it.

book breakfast or book a seat???? i think ill have to stop in for the soccer later and see what the story is:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I'd say it's a seat - but they'll be hoping that ye'll be buying breakfasts aswell i'd say.

well i dont think ill be able to resist a big fry up in the morning after a few pre game beers at mine:D i only live on johns lane anyway so wont have far to go. dont think this could have worked out better. thank you for the great news

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Jaysus had totally forgotten about this until i saw this thread, rang me mate that is working in the Toddle and they are open early for the game and for breakfast so ill be heading in there.

Mini breakfeast and the game sure how bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Talking to a lad in work who said his local in the back hole of nowhere is planning on staying open!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Could you bring your own beer if a place was opening?

No chance.

But they'd probably (definitely) serve ya.

You reckon they would in Revolution? I know a few places were up to now, but Revoloution is fairly central, I would imagine it would be risky.

idoubt any place central will serve but im going to have a few beers before i head inand hopefully if a couple of pints are been served ill get in on that:D

where is the toddle???

as far as i know revolution is the only city center place open for the game is that right????

• Advertisement

The Toddle is on the Lower Yellow Road.

I ended up in a friends house for breakfast and the match.. Pity the result wasnt as good as the breakfast!

Did anyone go to any of the open pubs?

Advertisement