Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good daytime discussion/debate shows?

• 05-10-2011 9:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend such a show during working hours? I'm getting a little tired of listening to music all day and want to mix it up a bit but I never listen to the radio apart from to and from work in the car so not sure where to start? I listen to Newstalk in the car, would this be the obvious choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What time? Newstalk is not going to stretch your synapses for the most part, Tom Dunne 10-12, current affairs 12.00 - 13.30 is okay, RTE radio is best avoided before 10 am, Pat Kenny 10.00-12.00 is fine for the first hour then it gets arts and music (didn't use to). Nothing in the afternoon.

BBC Radio 4 at 9 am is excellent - RTE can only dream about producing stuff as effortlessly urbane as Start the Week (09.00 Monday), Making History (15.00 Tuesday), Midweek (09.00 Wednesday), The Media Show (13.30 Wednesday), Thinking Allowed (16.00 Wednesday), In Our Time (09.00 Thursday), Desert Island Disks (09.00 Friday), The Last Word (16.00 Friday), The Film Programme (16.30 Friday).

That's a few to be going on with. Do you have access by trad radio or can you listen online?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

BBC Radio 4 it is.

Neither RTE or Newstalk would stream for me anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Damien Kieberd at midday on Newstalk is superb.Can't recommend him highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I listen to nothing but talk radio....

pre 9am Morning Ireland
    9-10am Forget about it..
    10am-12pm Pat Kenny..

(dive for the radio before Ronan Collins sig tune)
    12pm-1pm Damien Kiberd on Newstalk.
    1pm-1.45pm News at One (Radio One)
    1.45pm-3pm Liveline with right wing presenter Joe Duffy..
    3pm-4.30pm Mooney
    4.30pm DriveTime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does anyone know if there's another way to listen to Radio 1 online without using the RTE website? The streaming doesn't work on the website for me!

Maybe there's a direct link I can use to stream through windows media player or something?

edit: Nevermind, got one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Liveline :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

david harvy 1pm till 3pm 4fm.ie

Advertisement