Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale of Fingal Waste Collection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

martinn123 wrote: »
    Got my letter from FCC yesterday about this.

My Bin is at the front of my site, near the entrance, and they stuck the envelope under the lid of the bin. I have a postbox, but no, it was left partly under the lid, rained quite heavily before I rescued it, so its wringing wet, so no idea what the letter said, what a shower, ( FCC not the Rain )

Nothing in it of any substance. I would scan it here for you but its already in pieces in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Me too, the brown bin was a great scheme when you got into the habit.

So let me get this straight, loyal FCC customers now get rewarded with a reduced service for the same price while existing Panda customers pay a cheaper fee. Loyalty doesn't really pay.

Just on this, panda have matched fingal's prices for existing Panda customers for next year. €110 per year and €8 a lift.
    Well done FCC for giving Panda the keys to the kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Just on this, panda have matched fingal's prices for existing Panda customers for next year. €110 per year and €8 a lift.
    Well done FCC for giving Panda the keys to the kingdom.

As I already said I rang Panda and they told me that there was no increase for existing customers.

Spidermany wrote: »
    As I already said I rang Panda and they told me that there was no increase for existing customers.

I have the letter here. You can pay the €110 over 2 payments or all upfront. Whoever told you there was no change was wrong.

Andby the way, they kindly blame FCC, saying the price rise is because FCC have decreed that refuse collection should cost more.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, that's all I need. Thanks Jimdagym.

Spidermany wrote: »
    Brilliant, that's all I need. Thanks Jimdagym.

Sorry to be the bearer.

I know, don't shoot the messenger and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I talked to a lady from Greenstar, and although they cover some areas in Fingal, they don't cover Balbriggan. So, Panda have the full run of the area with no incentive for competitive pricing.

Seemed to be a lot of brown bins out last night not collected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Davy wrote: »
    Seemed to be a lot of brown bins out last night not collected?

My brown bin not collected in Rush today. Rang Panda at 4.30.. Girl said " oh they are still in the area, should be with you soon"
    Never happened:mad::mad:

Any feedback on this so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Davy wrote: »
    Any feedback on this so far?

They seemed to have changed my green bin collection day but not told anyone on the road.:mad: Bins left out all night, not great in this windy weather. I heard other parts of Rush have had terrible trouble with them collecting bins full stop and poor customer service from Panda when they complained. Hopefully these are just growing pains as Panda must have doubled overnight in business.

Advertisement