Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see Dylan Moran tonight?

Options
  • 05-10-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

So anyone see Dylan Moran the comedian in Dublin tonight? I thought he was hilarious!

Any thoughts anyone? Anyone planning on seeing his other shows this week/next week?

Unsure if theres a comedian forum so i posted this here :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

He was very good, seen him on his last tour as well, but he's falling into the trap of being blatantly predictable, with the whole "here's three random things, followed by cheese" shtick.

Don't get me wrong, I love his comedy, and adore his Black Books work, but live he always seems to be there to do his 90 minutes and then off as quick as possible. At both this and the previous gig, he cut himself off abruptly saying "is that the time?" and then going straight to the finish.

I just hate that feeling that he's there to work 90 minutes, and then off again, as you know there's more and he's just not bothered putting in the effort. Other comedians show (or at least pretend) that they're buzzing off the crowd, and let the show come to a natural end, which IMO is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I went to it last night and although there were a few good laughs I felt a bit short changed by the fact that he was barely on stage for an hour.

I can't be the only one that feels this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jungleland86

I agree. I've seen Dylan live on a few different tours now and he's become a bit predictable and lazy. He did about 55 mins last night and it was the same on the previous tour - A Completely different experience than the Monster tour when he was filming the tour dvd - 1hr 30 mins set.

Still there were some funny moments but overall I must say most of the new material is just less funny variations on the stuff he's been doing for years. First night of the tour though so I'm sure we didn't see him at his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Going tonight can't wait. Only 1hour performance is poor though maybe cause was his first night and only getting into a rhythm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Going tonight can't wait. Only 1hour performance is poor though maybe cause was his first night and only getting into a rhythm?

I hope so! Enjoy the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Anyone know what time he came on stage at? Little bit rushed for getting to this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Good gig, solid performance, nothing spectacular but very enjoyable. Dylan has a rambling and meandering style, he has a charming cynicism that you need to just accept to appreciate.

Nearly ruined in the 2nd half by some fluttered wench in the front tables kept shouting up rubbish 'Oh Dylan your from Naaavaan!' 'Hey hey look at me look at me!' He quickly put her back in her cage, but you coudl see the annoyance and it took him out of a routine he was in full flow with.

Advertisement