Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy MSc or Microbiology MSc/PhD???

Options
  • 06-10-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

So mature student (28) just got BSc in Micro and have the possibility of doing a Research MSc with the chance of leading to a PhD. Would do it cause don't really like the idea of getting an industry job right away and think it can only be a good thing to further ones education, more doors open etc. Only thing is, not sure how much I LOVE the idea of working in a lab all my life, I dunno, would be grand if was interesting enough and lead to a decent career etc.

However, always liked the idea of becoming a Physio but points etc etc. Now with my degree, was thinking, just get an industry job etc, spend a year or two getting some shadowing experience in physio with hospital, nursing homes, sports physios etc and then apply to the Physio MSc courses in UK. I know job opportunities are low etc but you'd be a physio like and eventually something would come up, even if it required a major move like Oz etc.

My question is, which is the better option solely as a career move, which offers better job opportunities and better salary etc. Thanks in advance and hope this is in the appropriate forum.

Advertisement