Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: Robby91

Options
  • 06-10-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Well then... I don't really have a knack for this whole intro thing, so ask away :P

(And no, I don't have nothing better to do on a Wednesday night than wait until midnight to start this thread... :o )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Already?

That was a rhetorical question. I apologise. So um...shifting anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Namlub wrote: »
    So um...shifting anyone?
    Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Best BB character besides Walt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Favourite music?

In college? What course?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Most legendary boardsie?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Where do you spend most of your internet time?

If you could eat anything in the world right now what would it be?

What's your favourite scent?

• Advertisement

Best BB character besides Walt?
    Jesse or Saul - overall, I prefer Jesse but I find Saul to be waaaay more entertaining
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    Favourite music?
    Genre? Heavy metal (specifically power metal)
    Band? Blind Guardian

In college? What course?
    Yes, I'm in college - doing Software Dev in LIT. It seems alright so far.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    A quantity of wood that would be sufficient for whatever purpose the woodchuck had in mind, when he commenced the chucking? :P

Most legendary boardsie?
    I'd probably have to say starbelgrade (although, tbh, that'd be more Favourite Boardsie but nobody springs to mind when I think "legendary boardsie")
    Where do you spend most of your internet time?
    On Boards, playing games or Reddit (I've only recently become aware of just how time-consuming Reddit can be...)

If you could eat anything in the world right now what would it be?
    At this very moment in time, a rasher sandwich would be great.

What's your favourite scent?
    Assuming you're talking deodorant/cologne/that sort of stuff, I really like Basi Homme. I have very little to compare it to though, so it's a victory by default tbh.
    Damn requirement to have at least one character outside of the quotes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Any pets?

Favorite clothes brand?

Your preferred alcohol beverage?

Anthing planned for this evening?

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Any pets?
    Just one, a German Shepherd called Zack - the name was my brother's idea :P

Favorite clothes brand?
    None in particular - if I like the look of it and it's comfortable, it's grand.

Your preferred alcohol beverage?
    Although I don't drink particularly often, Bulmers (Original, I've never tried the other flavours) would be my preferred drink. However, I haven't tried many other alcoholic beverages

Anthing planned for this evening?
    Quiet night in, as usual - I've a reasonably lengthy list of films to get through, but I should be able to make some headway now since I finally bought a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter so I can watch them on the 36" TV :D
    Dum diddly dum, need some characters :\

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

List your top 10 bands!

How're ye?

How's Limerick?

Ever been to Dublin, opinion?

Sup?

PS3, Xbox or PC gammiiing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Favourite day of the week?

Favourite food?

Long or short hair?

How many countries have you been to?

:D or :cool:?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

f you could change your username, what would choose, and why? :p

Favourite time of year?

Do you say 'scone' or 'scon'?

Windows or Mac?

Favourite fruit?

What would you do to win €5 million?

Bus, Train or Luas?

marko93 wrote: »
    List your top 10 bands!
    Top ten? I'm not even sure if there is 10 (I tend to stick to what I know, I should be a tad more adventurous with my music tbh). Anyway, in no particular order...
    *Blind Guardian
    *Iced Earth
    *Demons & Wizards
    *Van Canto
    *Turmion Katilot
    *Nine Inch Nails
    *Apocalyptica
    *PAIN
    *Gamma Ray
    *Amon Amarth

How're ye?
    Fairly good - somewhat bored though, laziness and a lack of college work is a terrible, terrible combination

How's Limerick?
    Grand, I suppose :D It's too quiet all the way out here in the country though.

Ever been to Dublin, opinion?
    Yes, and it's not bad - ****loads of shops worth venturing into in fairly close proximity is grand, but the size (relative to Limerick at least) makes it a bit bothersome to get around on foot. I'd love a chance to just wander around aimlessly there for the day though.

Sup?
    Not much? :P

PS3, Xbox or PC gammiiing?
    PC - I'd be tempted to play PS3 (since I haven't played MotorStorm since my brother took the PS3 with him again, after Christmas :( ) with some of the upcoming games, but it'll always be second to PC
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    Favourite day of the week?
    Since college has started, Tuesdays and Thursdays since all my Web Development lectures and most of my Computer & Operating Systems lectures take place on those days so... :o

Favourite food?
    OK, this is probably the question I'm having the most difficulty answering... to be perfectly honest, I'm really not sure. Pasta's fairly good though.

Long or short hair?
    For me, I assume? :P Eh... I'd love to try having long hair, but it'd be troublesome enough to manage it and, given my physique, I'd probably look somewhat effeminate. That, and the lengthy period of time required to grow the hair, along with having to deal with hair getting in my eyes (which, tbh, is bad enough as it is)

How many countries have you been to?
    2 - Spain (~8 years ago, I think) and France (on school tour, ~4 years ago).

:D or :cool:?
    Tough decision tbh... but I have to go with :D
    f you could change your username, what would choose, and why?
    I'd go with Flare (or some variation, if that's taken), since it's been my go-to alias since I was about 8 :P

Favourite time of year?
    Probably February/March - I'm not entirely sure why (apart from the fact that my birthday's in February :P) but they just seem like pleasant months.

Do you say 'scone' or 'scon'?
    Scone - scon just sounds ridiculous to me

Windows or Mac?
    I prefer Windows - while I do enjoy the speed and responsiveness (immediately after startup) of my MacBook (my Windows PC leaves a lot to be desired in that regard), I'm more comfortable working with Windows and it generally suits my purposes better (i.e. gaming)

Favourite fruit?
    Apples - not much more to say on that, me thinks :P

What would you do to win €5 million?
    Buy a whole heap of gimmicky stuff that looked remotely useful at first glance, but then turned out to be useless to me, probably :P I suppose a house and car (or motorcycle, if I ever got a motorcycle license) would be handy, even if they are pretty boring answers to the question. A good-sized TV and recliner would be great too, you can never be too comfortable when watching a movie, right? :pac:

Bus, Train or Luas?
    Bus - I've never been on the Luas (yet), and I don't really do that much intercounty travel anyway so I haven't actually travelled by train in years
    Finally thought of a 10th band for your question, marko :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Rugby? yes/no

decisions wrote: »
    Rugby? yes/no
    Nay :P I'm not that interested in rugby (or most sports, for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

What would you order in..

McDonalds?
    Supermacs?
    Chinese?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?
    Favourite non-alcoholic beverage?

favourite member of one direction?
    (To help you... In order from left to right.. Harry, Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall) :)

618w_starsnaps_one_direction.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Hey bbz!!?

Hows it hanging???

Enjoying the course?? Would you change anything about it???

Do you like commuting into college everyday, or would you rather be staying in student accom and give up your lovely home cooked meals????

Is it possible to lie without saying a word??

Why isnt milk, evaporated, a gas???

Do you ask enough questions or settle for what you know??

When all is said and done, will you have said more than you've done???

Why do we close doors and windows to reduce noise, considering that sound travels better through solids?

What is true strength?

Whats the difference between living and existing???

Can we ever be sure that our perception of things is right – without consulting other people? If we do consult others, how are we to know whether theirs is true or if we’re both deluded?

No doubt, as you read these questions, you hear a voice in your head. What do deaf people hear when they read???

"It takes all types to make up society." Discuss, in no less than 500 words, and no more than 503.

Me or pygmalion??

Can you type without looking at the keyboard???

Do you think the number of questions so far has been adequate???

Tell us something weird about yourself!???

Why do you use the name robby when it is infact not your name??? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Namlub wrote:
    Shifting anyone????
    Robby91 wrote: »
    Nope.
    Wanna change that??? ;)

What would you order in..

McDonalds?
    Supermacs?
    Chinese?
    Chinese -> McDonalds - > Supermacs. I'm kinda hungry for some Chinese now... :(

Favourite alcoholic beverage?
    Bulmers Original (reasoning is back a few posts :P)

Favourite non-alcoholic beverage?
    Oasis Summer Fruits is quite nice :3

favourite member of one direction?
    (To help you... In order from left to right.. Harry, Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall) :)
    The guy with the hat, just because said hat makes him look less ridiculous than the other 4 :P
    Hey bbz!!?
    Er... hello? Do I know you? :p

Hows it hanging???
    Not too bad at all, tbh

Enjoying the course?? Would you change anything about it???
    So far, yes. And if I had to change anything, it'd be my Maths tutor & Interpersonal Skills lecturer. Maybe just get rid of Interpersonal Skills altogether... :o

Do you like commuting into college everyday, or would you rather be staying in student accom and give up your lovely home cooked meals????
    I don't mind commuting tbh - I don't think I'd be able to get up at 9am everyday (or, at least, on the days with 9am practicals) if I was living in student accom :P I'm considering it for next year though

Is it possible to lie without saying a word??
    Why must you be so difficult, Screaminmidget... Being serious though, I would say that it is - the idea of 'putting on a brave face' (first thing that sprung to mind), would that act not be lying about your well-being?

Why isnt milk, evaporated, a gas???
    Stop asking me all these difficult questions ;_;

Do you ask enough questions or settle for what you know??
    In general, I'd probably settle for what I know, but not necessarily because I'm satisfied with what I know. I'm not entirely sure how to explain it :P

When all is said and done, will you have said more than you've done???
    Despite the fact that I don't tend to say that much (of substance, at least), I'd probably still have said far more than I've done

Why do we close doors and windows to reduce noise, considering that sound travels better through solids?
    Doesn't sound only travel faster through solids, while the strength (what's the scientific term for it? :P) would be affected in a different way?

What is true strength?
    The aforementioned sound waves being able to travel through solid objects unhindered? If that doesn't answer your question...
    Question-Spiderman-i-dunno-lol-.jpg

Whats the difference between living and existing???
    If we're not counting zombies, I'd guess the difference would be that a corpse can't walk around and whatnot...

Can we ever be sure that our perception of things is right – without consulting other people? If we do consult others, how are we to know whether theirs is true or if we’re both deluded?
    Rock-paper-scissors is clearly the only way to determine who is right in these circumstances...

No doubt, as you read these questions, you hear a voice in your head. What do deaf people hear when they read???
    Damnit Screaminmidget, where did you get these questions? >:C

"It takes all types to make up society." Discuss, in no less than 500 words, and no more than 503.
    If I wanted to do an essay, I would've repeated the Leaving Cert >_>

Me or pygmalion??
    Pygmalion, because he isn't asking me all these ridiculous questions :D

Can you type without looking at the keyboard???
    For words/phrases that I frequently use (or are relatively easy to spell), yes - otherwise, I'd be fairly likely to make typos.

Do you think the number of questions so far has been adequate???
    From you, or from everyone combined? I think your post alone has more than enough, and made up for the lack of people asking me questions... :P

Tell us something weird about yourself!???
    As if to say there is something weird about me...
    >.>
    <.<

To answer the question, I can make my eyes jiggle - I can't really see it in action myself, but most people I've demonstrated it to seem to find it rather shocking.

Why do you use the name robby when it is infact not your name??? :P
    How many times must I explain it?
    Wanna change that??? ;)
    Nah, I'm grand, thanks :pac:
    Oh, apparently I can't have more than 15 images in a post... I guess I learn something new everyday... :>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Wanna change that??? ;)
    Well that's forward of you midgey, is this how you pick up all your men?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I was going to leave this open for Robby to answer that last question, but seeing as it's not directed at him.. (if Robby would like to answer, PM me and I'll unlock for that :p)

Thanks for that, Robby, I hope you enjoyed your time in the Playpen! Next up - Screaminmidget!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement