Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Australia

Options
  • 06-10-2011 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Well landed in australia, Bit disapointed going through customs nothing like nothing to declare, Thought nothing would be harder than my 25 hour flight the london to kulala Lumpur leg exspecially but I was wrong registering my phone is a new number 1, other than that getting excited bout seeing the countryside and enjoying the pretty girls that seem to be everywhere :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Bit of a pain that isnt it but its much better than the Irish buy and Call system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Kinda pissed off a banker today though wondering why their wasnt much irish around the place, Memo to self dont say i think its strange since we basically built the country again

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey do you guys no wat the power supply is in Oz.. like the wattage/voltage? AS in will my EU appliances work over there ??

Thanks

Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Hey do you guys no wat the power supply is in Oz.. like the wattage/voltage? AS in will my EU appliances work over there ??

Thanks

Michelle

Dont worry ur curling tongs will work just fine over here.

My laptop wouldnt charge over here was told it could be due to voltage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Thanks

Michelle

220-240v here so Irish appliances will work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

240 v , 50 Hz so the same as in Ireland
    Just a different socket that's all so your laptop should charge

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

astonaidan wrote: »
    My laptop wouldnt charge over here was told it could be due to voltage

Who told you that crap. A laptop is designed to charge n any country . Would be much good if they didn't

Brought it to the computer store over here, I reckoned myself it was damaged inflight, But was told by the guys it could be a voltage thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Most Laptop chargers have a 100-240v 50/60Hz input, that covers most if not all the globe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Thanks for that everyone.. much appreciated :) and for the sarcasm.. PirateShampoo.. :D

Advertisement