Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat hair - found something

• 06-10-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

My cat has a scab like bump on the skin on her neck. She's a long haired cat so it's really hard to find but I can feel it when I pet her. It looks like a white, crusty bump and it's absolutely tiny, it's been there about 4 days I'd say.

Should I bring her to the vet asap or wait it out? She seems grand and I'd prefer not to traumatize her (she's an indoor cat) by putting her in her carrier, bringing her in a taxi (we don't have a car) and putting her through all that if it'll go away on its own.

Did anyone else's cat every have these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

When cats get injuries they heal over quickly and fight it internally so to speak, so it's probably nothing, but at the same time if you are in any way worried take her off to the vet. Consultations can be expensive but in terms of peace of mind it's really nothing. Vet'll know straight away in most cases =) Fingers crossed it's just a splinter or insect bite gone septic etc OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Has she had any shots recently? My dog had a big lump on his neck and when I looked closer it looked like a black lump/ball.. i'm sure I posted in in distress about lol!! Anyhoos I put a blob of vaseline on it and the next morning it just slid off - it was a scab from where he'd had an injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Just check thoroughly through her coat OP. Found something similar on my dog a while back and turned out she had about 5 little scab like lumps on her (bout the size of a small pea) Took her to the vets and it was hot spots. Anti biotics cleared it up in a week.

Advertisement