Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

510 questions

• 06-10-2011 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Just a couple quick q's.

Is it ok to leave the battery's charging after the charging is done or will they lose life because of overcharging? Just asking because I find I put one on charge and forget about it:o.

Also I am finding it harder to pull on the E-cig. Like I have to suck harder.
    Any idea?

Thanks Vapers:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

bridgemond wrote: »
    Just a couple quick q's.

Is it ok to leave the battery's charging after the charging is done or will they lose life because of overcharging? Just asking because I find I put one on charge and forget about it:o.

Also I am finding it harder to pull on the E-cig. Like I have to suck harder.
    Any idea?

Thanks Vapers:D

I don't think batteries overcharge really, I leave mine charging overnight no problem. As to pulling hard on e-cig depends, what are you using and for how long? People seem to forget sometimes (including myself) that components of e-cig are disposable on the long run. I you're using a cart, then it might need replacement after a few days, if it's an atty you're using then try to clean it with hot water and leave it to dry overnight. If you've been using it for a few weeks, maybe a replacement would be a good idea. Hope that hepls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

tKavan's right atties wear out first the wick gets clogged then the heating bit gets week as it clogs with flavor residue. Atties can be rinsed with hot water even boiled. left to dry thoroughly and used again. Cartos just get clogged an ain't worth the trouble of cleaning.
    If it's tanks the draw is affected by the tightness, sometimes if you wind back a little you'll get an easier draw. but they have the same problem with clogging as atties. All are semi disposable. Get 2 weeks out of them, bin them and use another new one.
    Get an eGo an some dual coil cartomizers, at 2euros a piece its a cheap easy system.
    The 510 is cute 'tho with the blue light :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Get an eGo an some dual coil cartomizers, at 2euros a piece its a cheap easy system.
    The 510 is cute 'tho with the blue light :)

I bought the 510 because of the size of it. At first I found it great but now that I have some nicer juice I find I vape much more. I am always runing out of battery. Was thinking of getting a PCC but would the eGO be a better option?

Also there are loads of different types of eGO, Which one is the best?

I was getting 2 hours max from the 510 batteries. I am getting 6 to eight hours from 650mHa ego battery.
    eGo is just a battery form, it has a 510 threaded connector. Riva, tornado and generic egos are all the same shape and size. Quality may differ between brands, I duno I only have a generic ego. The Joye ones have a cutout that requires five quick clicks to turn it on. Mine doesn't so it must be manufactured by someone else. The next battery 900mHa, same form just a bit bigger has a longer run time and again for the 1300mHa.

It's a good bit bigger than a 510, about the size of a magic marker, you know the permanent ones. You feel like a fool for a while sucking on a big silver tube but that passes an you start holding it like a pipe and it feels quite natural then.

The time between charges is the big advantage but not the only one, the ego can handle Low Res atomizers and cartomizers. You can use all the ego carts on the 510 but not the low res ones, they will fry the little battery. The tanks are ego specific also. And when going out the 510 batteries haven't gone to waste, stick a regular cartomizer on and you have something more discreet as if something that lights up blue could be discrete.
    Of course if the 510 is doing the job, stick with it, use cartos, replace then as needed. A PCC will keep an extra battery charged and charge the next one then it's back to the mains. Or a pass-through battery can be used while vaping, uses a usb so if you don't mind using it with a wire plugged into a socket or computer.?

Up grading all the time can lead to this;
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/114827-side-side-comparison-update.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Very helpful post Tommie, Thank you:).

Dont get me wrong, I like my 510 but the battery life does suck lol. Also I am not gone on the auto battary's anymore as one of mine keeps turning itself on and only turns off because of the cut off time, So that isn't helping battery life either. That might be my own fault though, I overfilled a carto and maybe some juice got into the battery or something.

I think I might upgrade to the ego so, Kinda pissed off I didnt spent the extra few bucks when I bought my 510.
    So I can still use out my 510 atty's and carto's with the ego.

What you think of this kit?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/ego-t-dcc-promotional-starter-kit/prod_207.html

• Advertisement

I think I might upgrade to the ego so, Kinda pissed off I didnt spent the extra few bucks when I bought my 510.
    Tell me about it.

Good kit in that link, get some juice an a few spare cartos. 65 euros, its only a weeks fags, if you keep loosing lighters like I used to.

Advertisement