Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get eye-glasses??

Options
  • 06-10-2011 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

I told mr. sudzs a million times before we moved, to get his new glasses but alas he did not! went into an optician this morning for a rough quote to get his frames reglazed and I nearly fainted at the price! $600+ :eek:

He has the frames and the prescription so just needs them made up so is there a somewhere he should go that won't cost that much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I don't wear glasses but try Specsavers? big chain like that has got to be cheaper than small places.
    http://www.specsavers.com.au/special-offers/

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Hubby got glasses last year. I think it cost around $450 after our private health for one pair. The lenses are the most expensive part plus we had to pay extra to get them laser reduced. Can't remember what the PHI covered. Shop around but we have found that all the optometrists are around the same price. Sometimes you might get a special deal like 2 for 1. We use laubman and pank but like I say I find them all pretty much the same.

Have a look on the internet for another option. I think there is a company that does lenses if you send off your prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the replies. :) We'll have to do a bit of research allright. Might try Specsavers next.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I got two pairs in specsavers for under $200 last year. First was $140, second was $60 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

if you are on private health care then specsavers is the go. $199 for 2 pairs they are advertising on TV

• Advertisement
Advertisement