Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fin nipping!

Options
  • 06-10-2011 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi - I currently have 5 zebra danios, 4 plates and 1 small angel fish in my 120ltr aquarium. My smallest danio has his tail fin destroyed.... I think it's the other danios. All the other fish seem OK. What is the best this to reduce the fin nipping? I was thinking of either adding a few more danios to increase the shoal to 9 or 10 or taking the largest "bully" danio back to the shop....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Make sure that you are feeding them enough, also.
    Always find that if fish are hungry, fir too long, the hunting instinct takes over.
    It could also be your angle fish

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Make sure that you are feeding them enough, also.
    Always find that if fish are hungry, fir too long, the hunting instinct takes over.
    It could also be your angle fish

Thanks - I am fairly sure my angel fish is too slow to catch the danios. I will increase what i'm feeding to see if that helps.
    The danio that lost its tail is having a hard time with the current from the filter so i have moved him into a smaller tank on his own for a few days.:(
    Hopefully he will recover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

It was my Angel fish who distroyed my other Fish Fins

It tended to happen when I turned off the Lights in the Aquarium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

WIZE wrote: »
    It was my Angel fish who distroyed my other Fish Fins

It tended to happen when I turned off the Lights in the Aquarium

Kinda what I am thinking

Advertisement