Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Work near sydney

Options
  • 06-10-2011 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Well guys,

Two mates of mine are looking for farming work in and around the sydney region does anyone have numbers or know of the best way to get the work.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Doodaas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Do you mean regional farming work for 2nd year visa? or just for the craic?
    To meet the three month specified work requirement for a second Working Holiday visa, work must be completed in an area whose postcode is included in the list.

Specified work completed in areas that do not fit within the definition of regional Australia cannot be counted towards the requirement.

Specified work must actually be done within an eligible regional Australia postcode area. Work that is completed in a non-eligible postcode area for an employer, whose office or post office box is in a regional Australia postcode area, does not meet the requirement.

New South Wales
    2311 to 2312
    2328 to 2411
    2420 to 2490
    2536 to 2551
    2575 to 2594
    2618 to 2739
    2787 to 2898
    Note: Excludes Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doodaas

Ya they want the regional work to get the second year visa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Closest postcode would be at least 2.5 hr by car from Bondi, I would suggest around Wagga & Griffith. Some of the best farming land I have ever seen.

I can do Wagga in 4hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No regional work is near Sydney by definition, 3-4 hours away is fine if you want to come up for the odd long weekend or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

www.gumtree.com.au

Best bet is to put ads up in the localised areas you fancy. Be careful mind, it can be a dodgy bastard unregulated field . Back in the day very few people actually bothered doing it but got approved anyway, times are different now and they seem to check everyone so its highly advisable that to get a second year you actually do the work no matter what some older heads might advise.

Probably your best advice is to scout online forums/ contacts you will meet and completely ignore the Harvest Trail government line. Like many aspects of the Australian government, absoloutely useless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement