Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break from Reserve

Options
  • 06-10-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi Folk,
    Question if i may. It is possible if one is already in the reserve to take some sort of leave of absence for a year and then return back to duty. Want to check out my options here before making any decision or before ringing templemore or my station.

Second baby on the way and time constraints.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yogi Bear

Hi Folk,
    Question if i may. It is possible if one is already in the reserve to take some sort of leave of absence for a year and then return back to duty. Want to check out my options here before making any decision or before ringing templemore or my station.

Thanks

I'm not sure about taking a year out, but i took five months off due to second baby also. Just said it to my unit sgt and am making up the hours now, when i can fit it in.
    There was no problem at all once they knew about it. If you go missing for a few months with out them knowing you will get a phone call to see whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Hi Folk,

Thanks

I know a few who looked for it - some got it some didnt. I am not aware of an official policy.

Those that did get it had their years ours hworked up prior to taking the year away, then were planning to work extra when they got back in order to ensure they had the 208 each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Thanks Guys
    Might have a chat to my sgt and see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thanks Guys
    Might have a chat to my sgt and see what she says.

Hey,

Congrats on your second child & Wish you well with your meeting also walsh.peter. Sincerely wish all goes well there for you too :)

Advertisement