Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a bus to B&Q/Dunnes knocknacarra?

Options
  • 06-10-2011 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

^^as above^^
    Is there a bus fron the city centre that drops near B&Q??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

City Direct number 34 will get you there. Number 33 will also drop you at Clybaun Hotel if you don't mind a 10 minute walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

brilliant; thanks so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.

Cheeky!

Does the BE #5 go that way currently, due to the SQR detour?

I think I saw a #5 swinging by the roundabout just in front of the Dunnes/B&Q entrance a few months ago.

I noticed it because it was (a) nearly empty, (b) there was a match on in Pearse Stadium, and (c) the general area was festooned with illegally parked cars blocking cycle lanes, footpaths and bus-stops despite the availability of off-road parking and, apparently, a bus service.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    City Direct number 34 will get you there. Number 33 will also drop you at Clybaun Hotel if you don't mind a 10 minute walk.

Doesn't the CD33 also go up the Rahoon Road (stopping opposite City Direct's "temporary" depot)?

This is a short walk from an alternative entrance to the City West Business Park, off Bothar Stiofain and through the grounds around the Hibernian/Aviva offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What I know is on the Knockncarra neighbourhood map. The bit at the bottom under "public transport directions" suggests a couple of options.

It's a while since I was up there, and I don't know how the buses are dealing with the roadworks diversions.

The galwaytransport.info website is really helpful, thanks.

It was the Bus Eireann 5W I saw.

I presume it's following the current detour: Bishop O'Donnell Road > Western Distributor Road > turn right at entrance to City West Business Park > new ?unnamed road beside Salthill Devon pitches > Rahoon Road.

After that, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Doesn't the CD33 also go up the Rahoon Road (stopping opposite City Direct's "temporary" depot)?

This is a short walk from an alternative entrance to the City West Business Park, off Bothar Stiofain and through the grounds around the Hibernian/Aviva offices.

Good call, i guess coming from town the rahoon road stop is also an option. Still about a 5 to 10 min walk to B&Q from there but should be a little quicker than walking from the Clybaun. Still the best option is the 34 which goes past the Bothar Stiofan entrance to the Center.

Advertisement