Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C - PP advice needed

• 06-10-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

howth_lighthouse_2_by_superflyninja-d4bwzq8.jpg

lighthouse_bw_by_superflyninja-d4bwxpe.jpg

howth_lighthouse_2b_by_superflyninja-d4bx38c.jpg

howth_sunset_8_by_superflyninja-d4bx2o6.jpg

HI all,
    Main thing Im looking for advice on is for PP on the first(and fourth) image. It looks very...rough or something? It is a combination of three shots, I applied levels and curves, local contrast, darkened the clouds and lightened the lighthouse...but I think it could be better. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

too much black on the final image perhaps?
    I'm a fan of adding "lightness" which might brighten it up a bit.. possible take out some of the contrast? (final image).

Ever tried Nik software for cross processing? Can give some lovely effects! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Love the 1st shot, but I think maybe the sky could use some more contrast and saturation to give it some more punch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

thanks all! :d
    Misstaken is it shot 4 you are talking about?
    thetractor I presume its shot one you mean? i think ill try that cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I think the first one is really beautiful as it is, though I'm interested to see how it comes out after some more tweaking. But I love the softness of the sky in it. I'd put it on my wall :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Great shots - especially the first one. Although I would crop / clone out the red pipe, the white paint on the wall and the lava lamp in the window - I find them distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Great shots - especially the first one. Although I would crop / clone out the red pipe, the white paint on the wall and the lava lamp in the window - I find them distracting.

yup, the red reflection was an oversight!

Advertisement