Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish football teams in Melbourne

Options
  • 06-10-2011 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any football(meaning soccer) teams in Melbourne who are looking for players?
    Preferably we are just looking for a non serious kickabout.Doesnt matter if its indoor or outdoor, 5aside or 11aside....
    Myself and my partner are both looking to play so it would be ideal if we found a team with men and women involved.

We are located in the South Yarra area but would be willing to travel if need be.

Thanks a mil :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

South Yarra SC would be perfect. Its 11 a side and we have teams for both men and women.

Play in Fawkner Park which is close to you guys. Have both Saturday and Sunday teams but Im pretty sure the girls only play Sunday (not 100%). All levels are present, the male teams have 4 levels ranging across the Melbourne leagues and the ladies have a firsts and a reserves.

Season is over now until Feb though so this is probably all a little premature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi,

I would be interested in having a kickabout in a park somewhere, especially with the extra hour of light in the evenings!

How about trying to organise a saturday arvo kickabout in albert pk?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Count me in for said kickabout.

Would be able to bring a few friends too.

PS: Im awesome ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lucylocket82

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info re playing in Fawkner Park.That wud be very handy for us as its only just down the road from our apartment.We actually went there yesterday for a walk.Plenty of different sports being played.Seems like a nice place.

Dave/ Lima, Myself and my boyf wud defo be up for a kick about.
    When and where would suit u both best? Any evening during the week after 6pm suits us or the weekends if u wud prefer?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Awh wish I could play football ha,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

Right guys, first post so..heeelloooo!

I know this isn't football but I didn't really want to start a new thread! (and it's still a sport involving geting a ball through a metal frame into a net!) but.... does anyone know of any local basketball teams (very, very amateur) or anyone up to shoot a few hoops around St Yarra area? Haven't played in about 15 years and would love to get some excerise....

Ta,

Ro.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

How's it going lads, myself and a couple of mates are also interested in taking part in a kickabout. We're located in Balaclava in St. Kilda but are obviously willing to travel.

We're also trying to get numbers to join an indoor/astro 7-a-side league in Albert Park soon so if anyone is interested in that just leave me a PM sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

Hey Guys

I live in South Yarra and am looking to get playing a bit of soccer. If you need anyone else give me a shout. I might be able to get a few more as well as myself.

Hey Guys

I live in South Yarra and am looking to get playing a bit of soccer. If you need anyone else give me a shout. I might be able to get a few more as well as myself.

right guys and girls, who's up for a kickabout this week? How about after work on Weds or Thurs (not that I have a job yet!)? Else on Saturday afternoon?

Does anyone have any preferences as to locations? I live in St Kilda so Albert Park would be best with me, maybe somewhere opposite Fitzroy St so that people can get the 96/16 trams? is there anywhere else thats better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dar_oz

I'd be interested in joining for a kickaround some evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lucylocket82

Hi Lima,

Has anything been organised for this week as you suggested??
    Myself and my boyf could play on saturday from 4pm if that suited...he only gets home from work at 3pm so cant do any earlier than that unfortunately.

WhippingBoy, is it just lads that will be playing the indoor / astro football or are girls welcome too?

Hey,

Nothing has been organised so far, I have a bbq on saturday arvo so I wouldnt be able to play that late.. maybe sunday at 4?

Is anyone else up for playing??

Advertisement