Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Second Whelans Record Fair, Saturday October 15th

Options
  • 06-10-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

The Second Whelan’s Record Fair (buy/sell LPs/7”s/CDs/Tapes/Cassingles/Flexi Discs etc)
    Saturday 15th October
    Whelan’s Of Wexford St (bar & main venue)
    1-5pm

Following on from the success and general good-time vibes of the first Whelan’s Record Fair we’ve decided that not only was a second record fair in order but that it should be a bigger and better affair than the first. With that in mind we will be moving the fair from the upstairs venue down into the main bar & venue allowing for more selling/browsing/yapping/drinking space. If testimonies from the first fair are anything to go on then it would be advisable to bring cash – lots and lots of cash - and also best you avoid making any other plans for the afternoon. So do pop down on October 15th and pick up some early musical Christmas presents for yourself because you’re definitely worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭whelanslive

This Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

I went into town especially for this today and I couldn't believe how bad it was. To call it a record fair is pretty insulting to other record fairs. The event is held in the Whelan's bar which is in almost total darkness. Record collectors by their nature are fairly picky guys, and to hold a sale in surroundings where inspection of a record or even it's sleeve is completely impossible makes no sense.

There were very few sellers present (I think there was something like 6 or 8) and their stock was modest in amount and of a very low quality. I took a walk the length of the bar and briefly flicked through some CDs (the only items with spines big enough to read in the darkness) and I'd say in total I spent less than two minutes in the place.

I was honestly shocked at the organization of this fair, it was just so shoddy. I would advise anyone considering attending the third one of these fairs (assuming there is a third one) to lower your expectations as much as you possibly can; think primary school bring and buy sale and you might not be disappointed.

Advertisement