Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate behaviour from council worker

Options
  • 06-10-2011 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I am currently living in a council apartment in Munster and it is managed by a voluntary housing association for the council. Anyway I know the lady who is managing this association as she lives in the area. I have found out that she has been asking people who know us both about me and my circumstances. (she is asking am I with my ex or do I have a boyfriend- no to both).
    I find this completely unprofessional and a breach of privacy. She is asking about me in a local bar while she is out drinking!
    Any advice on who I can make a complaint to, the housing body orthe council directly?Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It's possible that she suspects your partner is living with you, which I presume would affect your weekly rental charge.

Can't see a problem with it really. Sometimes, an informal chat with someone is the best way of gaining information.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Yeah they can do it and it is not inappropriate. Generally how welfare cheats are found. By asking they are not assuming you are cheating just checking you aren't. She isn't checking out of being nosey but doing her job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its annoying, but how is a breach if shes not giving out information but asking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I don't see how this is an issue unless you have something to hide?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

wow, given that you haven't been contacted directly, I wonder if any inaccurate information has been passed on to the council

maybe a letter to them outlining what you described above and your concerns and requesting any records they have relating to you personally, whenever they were created

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/standards_and_accountability/freedom_of_information.html
    The Freedom of Information Act, 1997 (FOI) as amended by the Freedom of Information (Amendment) Act, 2003 obliges government departments, the Health Service Executive (HSE), local authorities and a range of other statutory agencies to publish information on their activites and to make personal information available to citizens.
    (later)
    A legal right for each person to have official information relating to himself/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading

• Advertisement
Advertisement