Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographer Looking For People to Do Their Job Without Pay (Atlanta)

• 06-10-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

From the Atlanta version of Craigslist ;

Photographer Looking For People to Do Their Job Without Pay (Atlanta)

Date: 2011-10-03, 11:37PM EDT
    Reply to: [EMAIL="gigs-jyd8r-2613342389@craigslist.org?subject=Photographer%20Looking%20For%20People%20to%20Do%20Their%20Job%20Without%20Pay%20(Atlanta)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fatlanta.craigslist.org%2Fatl%2Ftlg%2F2613342389.html%0A"]gigs-jyd8r-2613342389@craigslist.org[/EMAIL] URL="http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts"][COLOR=#0066cc]Errors when replying to ads?[/COLOR][/URL

I am a photographer and since people are always looking for free shoots I assume that they must also do their job, or provide their services, for free.

I am looking to hire all types of people to do all sorts of jobs for me, as long as I do not have to pay anything. Just think, you will gain more experience, and I will put the word out for you and let everyone know what wonderful work you do. This opportunity will bring you a ton of unpaid work, but everyone will love you. So if you have a job or service you provide, and will do it for free, please let me know, because I am sure I have work for you and will hire you in a second.

Feel free to email me with the service you can provide, when you can start, and please include references.

I look forward to your free service.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

fair play to the poster.

he/she is obviously extracting the urine taking the pi$$.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Every now and then on the creativeireland.com job listings there's some gems in the photography section looking for unpaid photography interns to "help out in busy studios".

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I did do unpaid photography in the past. Always for services in kind, though - massage, personal training, etc. Both parties save on taxes, so it's beneficial for both of them.

Better off taking the cash IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Bruncvik wrote: »
    I did do unpaid photography in the past. Always for services in kind, though - massage, personal training, etc. Both parties save on taxes, so it's beneficial for both of them.

Bartering is not tax free though. Subject to tax as in any other service, at market rates. Non declaration is an offence.

• Advertisement

By my calculations, I never went over the limit at which it had to be declared. But then, people say that I tend to undervalue myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Bruncvik wrote: »
    By my calculations, I never went over the limit at which it had to be declared. But then, people say that I tend to undervalue myself :)

I may be wrong but ALL income is to be declared (there is no limit) - I think you are maybe mixed up with registration for VAT where once you exceed a certain amount you must register for VAT.

linky http://www.taxback.com/ie-paye-other-income-faq.asp

For PAYE Workers who earn other income
    As a PAYE employee in Ireland, your employer will deduct 20% tax from your earnings up to €35,400 and 41% on any earnings over that. PRSI contributions will also be deducted each time you get paid.

If you earn any extra income outside of your PAYE earnings such as rental income or dividends, you will need to declare this additional income and file a self-assessment tax return at the end of each tax year.

Taxback.com can organise your self-assessment tax return and get your Irish tax refund. Our customers get an average tax refund of €840.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I may be wrong but ALL income is to be declared (there is no limit)

If you're self employed you can earn up to around €17,000 tax free. I think 17k is the cut off, or at least it used to be.

Sorry; should have stated that I just recently moved to Ireland from the US, where the tax code was a little more loophole-ish in this regard. But thanks for the heard-up; I'll be more careful here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I may be wrong but ALL income is to be declared

Yes, all income should be declared, but all income isn't neccessarily taxeable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement