Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of season strawberry talk

Options
  • 22-07-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Sorry folks. I was taking out the strawberry discussion to its own thread, but somehow managed to include another post I was doing some mod functions on. Carry on I suppose, nothing to see here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

redser7 wrote: »
    Rhubarb Crown/Strawberry Plants/Asparagus Crown

... in Lidl next Thursday ...
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4182_14012.htm

Got some today. Strawberries are early, mid and late (Corona, Elsanta and Ostara) - 10 for 3 euro. Rhubarb crowns are Champaigne Red - 3 per crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Strawberries are early, mid and late (Corona, Elsanta and Ostara)

Crap, I never checked that :o

I learned my lesson from you after the Blueberries ;)
    As a matter of interest, so what are you going to do with them? Pot them up or put them in beds? If beds, will you prepare them in any way? Cheers

I learned my lesson from you after the Blueberries ;)
    As a matter of interest, so what are you going to do with them? Pot them up or put them in beds? If beds, will you prepare them in any way? Cheers

The blueberries or the strawberries?

The strawberries

• Advertisement

If I understand the directions properly :o They're to be planted in April/May (?) (Corona). So, I've lots of time to prepare a bed though I've not decided to tell the truth. I've access to lots of well rotted sheep dung too. I'm going to look up, I don't know the name for them, I think they're grow bags? They're like a bag just hung up.

Very knowledgeable about gardening me :D:o

Got some Asparagus too!

Yeah I saw the planting date too but I know from reading up that autumn planted will give you a better crop. In fact they say for the first year of spring planted ones you should pick the flowers off and wait until the next year for a crop. But autumn planted ones should crop well the following spring/summer. Just worried I missed the boat and it will be too cold now. Sod it I'll just them them in and cover with plastic. Best not derail this thread anymore :-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

New thread created.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

we have strawbs in a bed for about 3 years now.this summer we had quite a few and just recently they have started flowering again is that normal?

Advertisement